Bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriedStrawbery

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The image had to be cropped and ended up pretty long. Learnt that Instagram doesn't allow this dimension.

Any comments on whether photos are usually kept at "standard" aspect ratio?

C&C pls.

Thanks !
IMG_0713-2.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

That's a cool light fixture! I think the crop works well with this subject. I would envision this in print, perhaps a canvas, and that allows much more aspect ratio freedom than Instagram. You could also digitally matte the image by overlaying the image on a standard aspect ratio background layer and the final exported image would look as though you just added a border.

Only things I can think to mention about the image are to maybe push the processing a little to add some more contrast between the lights and darks. Second, and this may not have been possible, but it looks like you were fairly close with a wide angle lens. The perspective distortion introduced makes the upper half appear distorted in relation to the lower half. Perhaps step back a bit and use a longer focal length?

That's a cool light fixture! I think the crop works well with this subject. I would envision this in print, perhaps a canvas, and that allows much more aspect ratio freedom than Instagram. You could also digitally matte the image by overlaying the image on a standard aspect ratio background layer and the final exported image would look as though you just added a border.

Only things I can think to mention about the image are to maybe push the processing a little to add some more contrast between the lights and darks. Second, and this may not have been possible, but it looks like you were fairly close with a wide angle lens. The perspective distortion introduced makes the upper half appear distorted in relation to the lower half. Perhaps step back a bit and use a longer focal length?
Thanks a lot! Valuable comments. Will get a longish print for a good location on the wall at home.

Good eye about wide angle and close up! Dint have much space here, but something to keep in mind next time for perspective!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

This shot invites study - not easy to do. Nice catch.

OP hasn't been on for over three years. Closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back