burning the cross...

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are two shots I took this evening in a close village...
Here in Luxemburg it is tradition to burn winter away with these crosses...

IMG_8541_1.jpg

IMG_8549_1.jpg

Really like them both. The first one is a little more striking, I think just because of the basic composition. It's cool that the spectators are just silhouettes so without you explaining what this is, you might wonder if it's some pagan ritual, a KKK rally, or something else. It's cool how the flames look against such a dark backdrop.

love them both but maybe the second one would have been better with the rubble a little more to the right or left, instead of in the middle before the fire?

It's cool that the spectators are just silhouettes so without you explaining what this is, you might wonder if it's some pagan ritual, a KKK rally, or something else.

Well actually it is an old pagan ritual to burn away winter... but it is really common to burn the cross (or the castle...because it's actually called "Buergbrennen" which means as much as Castleburning) in every village...

dont feel out of place...even our christmas tree is a pagan ritual ..... we should burn them when were done with them... that would be a lot more fun then just dragging it to the curb... lol

Nice shot, it looks very windy...

Most reactions

Back