Busch Stadium

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to the Cardinals game last night, and it was awesome!!! They won...of course :lol: I decided to try a panoramic for my first time and went to the top level, and then merged them using Canon's Photostich program...I thought it was pretty good for my first time, I'll post the original up later so you can compare the two. Any criticisms and comments are appreciated as always. Oh, and if I need to resize I can, I intentionally sized it larger than usual so you could see more detail.

*Edit* Posted the second shot after I fixed afew of the errors.

pano3-copyweb.jpg

pano3-copyreedit.jpg

Just noticed a few places that need more cleaning up...I will be doing that shortly ;)

wow, thats awesome.
my guess is that you need a tripod to do something like that :er:
*goes out and buys one*
*notices the time and plans to buy one tomorow*

I think you did a great job, reminds me of the shots you sometimes see in the sports memorabilia shops and the quality is just as good, if not better! Nice one!

whoa...great compliment from chase, 'eh? it really is a great shot...i feel like i am sitting there with ya...

love the guy in the far right corner lookin at ya..there is always one, isnt there?

good shot amanda...

Killed shot Amanda. Very well done. This would look just awesome framed and up behind a bar.

Looks good...just a few spots that need some more work. What lens & focal length did you use? The wider the lens, the more likely you are to get barrel distortion...whcih makes this really hard.

Wow, didn't know I'd get such overwhelming and kind responses. Thank you all so so much :) You've made my week :)

Mike, I used a 28-105mm Canon f/4-5.6, I had it at 28mm, and left it on auto settings. I actually didn't use a tripod, which I should have, but it was crazy there, 43k people there, and no place to set a tripod without gettin yelled at.

I've uploaded the original so you all could see it, and make suggestions if needed based on that. You can see that I've removed a lot of stuff in the foreground, and there are still a few spots that need to be fixed.

origpano.jpg

Posted a new version...fixed a few of the field problems, now I just need to adjust a couple more adjustments on the crowd and I'll be happy.

Amanda, these are great photos. You should come back when the new stadium is finished and take the same sort of thing. You could then frame them together as an old vs. new display.

Julie

That's a great idea :) I'm sure we'll be there next year for a game sometime, as long as we can get tickets of course.

Chase said:
I think you did a great job, reminds me of the shots you sometimes see in the sports memorabilia shops and the quality is just as good, if not better! Nice one!

:thumbup: ^

Most reactions

New Topics

Back