Bushkill Falls pictures

dry3210

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went with the girlie and she was nice to deal with me stopping to take pictures so heres a few

Feel free to critique/comment

1_31_07_08_9_38_02_3.JPG

1_31_07_08_9_38_05_17.JPG

1_31_07_08_9_38_13_62.JPG

Beautiful series of shots! I like the 1st and the last one. I cant figure out which one better though. What was the shutter speed you used on these shots? Are they edited at all?

Mark

Thanks Mark

1st:
Tv(Shutter Speed)
0.4Sec.
Av(Aperture Value)
F25
Metering Modes
Evaluative metering
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed

3rd:
Tv(Shutter Speed)
0.4Sec.
Av(Aperture Value)
F11
Metering Modes
Evaluative metering
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed

And yeah I ran em through photoshop some

They look blurry to me and your shutter speeds spell it out. Your Fstops look really high. This would explain the longer shutter times.

They look blurry to me and your shutter speeds spell it out. Your Fstops look really high. This would explain the longer shutter times.

I suspect the long shutter speeds were deliberate in order to achieve the soft 'feathery' look of the water. That said, they do seem a little soft. Were these shot from a good tripod?

I suspect the long shutter speeds were deliberate in order to achieve the soft 'feathery' look of the water. That said, they do seem a little soft. Were these shot from a good tripod?

Yeah I was going for the feathery water look. The tripod is a cheap tripod though. Any other things I could do to get these pictures sharp in the future? Well beyond a real tripod?

If your camera has a timer you can use a 2 sec time delay on shutter release which should allow movement to stop before the camera takes the shot. If the tripod is flimsy and blowin in the wind maybe don't extend it too much so it's more solid.

I agree with Michael. Unless you get a remote trigger (which are cheap), just set it to timed shot and stand back. Very pretty shots tho. I would love to be sitting in photo #2, just listening to that waterfall.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back