Business idea for photographers...

Digitalphot123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I bought Groupon a few months ago for a photography class, was excited to finally figure out how to use my camera! What a let down, the class was packed, long and boring. I am slightly better at using it, but not close to where I wanted to be. So it got me thinking, why not create a site where experts can teach us beginners everything about our cameras, live over the internet. Anyone can be a teacher and make money for hosting a virtual class. Do you think this would be useful for learning photography?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just read your camera's user's manual, since it describes all of your camera's features and functions?

It would seem just about everything has already been covered, and is a video somewhere on the Internet.

There are tons of them starting with the forums which answer in real life/real time. Then there are the ones like Kelby Live, Lynda.com, etc. There are dozens of them. Clickin' Mom's has some great classes exactly like what you were probably expecting to get-an actual class with a limited number of students at a certain time, etc... instructor to answer questions. There are tons of others that have the same features. RockTheShot I think has some...

When you are bored look for tutorials on YouTube...... plenty there to keep one going for a long time.

I bought Groupon a few months ago for a photography class, was excited to finally figure out how to use my camera! What a let down, the class was packed, long and boring. I am slightly better at using it, but not close to where I wanted to be. So it got me thinking, why not create a site where experts can teach us beginners everything about our cameras, live over the internet. Anyone can be a teacher and make money for hosting a virtual class. Do you think this would be useful for learning photography?

Someone beat you to it! And no .. not everyone can teach.... they just think they can. A lot of the "meetups", virtual classes, etc... are not worth a tenth of what they charge... based on I have seen from students who have taken them.

Groupon? That says a lot right there! ;)

Most reactions

Back