Business name different from domain name?

Apologies all around for sullying the board with this nonsense.

I think I'll start making liberal use of smileys so everyone will know when I'm joking and/or not trying to be a jerk.

Oh, and I actually am shy. You can call me S or Ess if you like. :)

keep them the same or somewhat the same. you dont want people saying "hey you should check out this great photographer, his name was jack johnson, but I dont remember his website, just search for it" because if your website is called something like I Take Pictures they are never going to find you from your name.
I agree... and I'll go a step further and wonder aloud why people use cutesy names for their avatar on forums. Using the logic of wanting your name to be associated with your pictures/website, etc., wouldn't it make sense just to have your username be your actual name?

Just a thought.

I agree... and I'll go a step further and wonder aloud why people use cutesy names for their avatar on forums. Using the logic of wanting your name to be associated with your pictures/website, etc., wouldn't it make sense just to have your username be your actual name?

Just a thought.

Different strokes, as they say.:)

Just a thought.

as far as user names, I use my AIM screen name, my email address, and my screen name here is the same as on any other forum, just to keep things consistant. Now if I were a professional I would probably use my full name so I can market better.

I think that using you name adds to your credibility.
My businesss is: Mike Rubin Photography & Workshops, LLC
My website is : www.mikerubinphoto.com
I agree with others that the full word "Photography" can mean a long address.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back