Butterfly (big file)

LizM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this in trying for a contest worthy entry. The butterfly was flapping its top wings viciously but its bottom wings were stable (hence the ADHD thing). I love the photo except I'm not sure about the blurred top wings. Do they add to a sense of motion or subract?
Digital Rebel
50-90mm lens
about 1/250sec
Thanks ahead of time for any input guys!

IMG5184-LM.jpg

Defintely add to sense of motion. We have all seen the same old butterfly picture, but this one is so unique, and the non-motion parts are crisp. I love it.

Which lens were you using?

Peanuts said:
Defintely add to sense of motion. We have all seen the same old butterfly picture, but this one is so unique, and the non-motion parts are crisp. I love it.

Which lens were you using?

Went and double checked that. I had the mm wrong. Its a Quantaray (Wolf/Ritz camera cheap-o) 28-90mm I bought when my Canon 28-70 was in the shop and I had some indoor stuff I HAD to shoot before it came back.

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it! It helps to have another set of eyes review stuff.

Anyone else? Love it? Hate it?

personally i just like the good old fashioned static shots, this one confuses me. the two upper wings are the one and only thing i don't like about it. otherwise, the colours are crisp, quality is excellent and all else is fine :D

OT: btw, did you know that you can turn your 350D/300D (DIgital Rebel) into a 10D? read it at www.i-hacked.com . i just stumbled onto it while reading my news. great stuff! more precisely here.

eydryan said:
OT: btw, did you know that you can turn your 350D/300D (DIgital Rebel) into a 10D? read it at www.i-hacked.com . i just stumbled onto it while reading my news. great stuff! more precisely here.

First, thanks for the comments!

Second, yeah, I know about the hack. But when I looked at the software stuff that the hack changed it really wasn't worth it to me. The 20D hardware differences are more important. Of course, I still love my rebel but I wish Pentax would get their act together with the *istD series! I'm a Pentax girl at heart. First SLR was a K100 and I've loved that brand ever since.\

Sidenote - why do I respond to responses so quick when most folks respond to every third or fourth one? Its polite and its a way of bumping my shot!!! :blushing:

LizM said:
But when I looked at the software stuff that the hack changed it really wasn't worth it to me.

well, why not? it's not like you loose anything. and it is a 300D firmware update,nothing more. what you get is the programmable functions of the 10D and what i found very nice a mirror lock-up feature that the "normal" 300D doesn't have.

of course, it's your camera so you do what you want :D

eydryan said:
well, why not? it's not like you loose anything.

Hmmm....couple cool features vs voiding the expensive extended warranty that protects me against my camera doing another 3 and a half gainter across a parking lot....I NEED the warranty!:mrgreen:

warranty? lol! :lol:

warranty is just a nice way of screwing you over for more money. read the fine print:they will not repair it unless there are factory defects in it. which should have been seen by now. otherwise they'll just say it's your fault for not using it properly. trust me, i've been through a few warranties in my life (soundcards, my camcorder, my firewire card, my RAM - all had no defects that the warranty would cover,it's always your fault or the other guy's fault, not theirs). So, if you really care for your camera that much, get it insured. against everything. especially backtracking into a pool. :D

plus, you can always replace the firmware with the old one when you ask for waranty.

eydryan said:
warranty? lol! :lol:

warranty is just a nice way of screwing you over for more money. read the fine print:they will not repair it unless there are factory defects in it. which should have been seen by now. otherwise they'll just say it's your fault for not using it properly. trust me, i've been through a few warranties in my life (soundcards, my camcorder, my firewire card, my RAM - all had no defects that the warranty would cover,it's always your fault or the other guy's fault, not theirs). So, if you really care for your camera that much, get it insured. against everything. especially backtracking into a pool. :D

plus, you can always replace the firmware with the old one when you ask for waranty.

There are actually a couple now that expressly cover drops, falls, lightning, etc. Not many, but they are there. Just have to know what you are looking for. And read the fine print - never trust the salesman.

It would be better if the butterfly was in focus and the background was
blurred. But give it a chance because the picture looks great either way.

Not bad, I prefer the subject being in focus, but great capture

well you're probaly using ie, cuz on my opera it worked and now the ie doesn't show it. just right click the x-icon, choose properties, copy the image address and then paste it into a new explorer window. and voila the pic is there (hopefully :))

Most reactions

New Topics

Back