Buy a Camera, Start A Business?

It's not a new business model.....:thumbup: I think the 3rd guy to ever buy a camera back in 1863 added to his gear that way.

You guys all make me laugh. For those of you that are mad at people who buy a camera and start a business just makes me think you're scared of them taking business from you. I know this girl that lives in California who bought a camera to take pictures or her kids. Her friends saw them and then wanted her to take pictures of their kids. Now she makes about 90,000 a year taking pictures of children. This was about 4 years ago. It doesn't take a whole lot of know how to take great pictures. It does take creativity, patience, and a willingness to learn how to use your equipment and a stride to try new things and new techniques. Its the photographers who are unwilling to change who lose jobs. Face it, some people just have a knack for photography. I know a few people on here who have not done it for long and are awesome at it. ;)

I'm not mad at the people who buy a camera for personal use then somehow get into business via things like that,
What I am against is people hearing "yeah photography has money to be made in it" then they go "ooooh money :D :D :D :D :D :D buy camera click sell"
in otherwords, they purchase a camera for the Sole purpose of making money unlike MOST of us here who buy the camera as a hobby but use our hobby to fun our hobby and lifestyle.

What gets me more than Noobs earning money for their bad products is people who complain they aren't making money (im speaking about the noobs who know nothing of ISO and aperture, whitebalance shutter speed etc...)

also it's okay bitteraspects no problems ;)
but i currently don't offer any photography services as i dont feel I am ready to offer people my work as I personally dont feel it will please the consumer.

And noyze, Good idea :p
Well... essentially that is what the money pays for but hey.. if they pay you with the gear = more gear for you to use to shoot for them :p

All I see is lots of barking and growling...

Then you can shoot for Studio Rent???? LOL

That is what you can do....

Sit on a busy corner with a sign that says will shoot for food! and take people's picture right there and give them a website where they can order it from! LOL

Call it HOMELESS Photographers.com!

So? Didn't you start an HDR controversy yourself recently?

Yes, it may have been a joke but you knew full well it would end up just like this thread. It's the nature of the human beast :lol:

So? Didn't you start an HDR controversy yourself recently?

Yes, it may have been a joke but you knew full well it would end up just like this thread. It's the nature of the human beast :lol:

No I posted a reasonable post that everyone lost their minds about. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back