Buying a Camera

Kenny32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So for the first time in my photography career, I am going to buy a camera entirely with my own money.

I'm looking to buy the D300s from Amazon...I notice it says there is no tax...However I had been talking to a photographer who had recently bought a 400mm F/2.8 and he said he had bought it at a certain time because he "wouldn't have to pay taxes on it until the next quarter."

I'm no accountant...So my questions to the more experienced out there...What taxes am I going to have to buy if I buy this camera from Amazon? (Which is $1799.95 with $9 shipping or something along those lines).

Thanks!

The D300s won't be available for another month or so.

Business owners pay income taxes quarterly. States each have their own rules and it sounds like the photographer you spoke to may pay state taxes quarterly also.

Taxes - DEPENDS. It depends on the state you live in and where the seller is located. If they're the same and your state has a sales tax, seller is required to collect sales tax. Some states require you to declare out of state purchases from your home when filing yearly income tax and no local sales tax was collected.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back