Buying a memory card

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have a 4GB memory card. I'm looking to buy more and wanting to get advice first.

I'm going on vacation in less than 2 months to Smokey Mountains and Chattanooga. I plan on getting A LOT of pictures. I'm trying to figure out how many more memory cards I should buy and what size to take along with me. The last thing I want to do is get out in the mountains shooting pictures and run out of space.

Also, does anyone know just how many pictures you can get out of a 4GB shooting only in RAW? For some reason, my camera is not showing the counter stating how many pictures taken/how many left. I've searched all the settings and don't see anywhere that I can turn that feature on. I could almost swear that it said something like that when I first got it, but I may be wrong.

using mya300 and 2gb cards i get about 125 shots in RAW

Don't know if this will help any but I use 10, 4gig cards. They will get me through 1 college football game and two college basketball games in a day or 2 college soccer games and 2 college volleyball games in a day. Since sports is my main focus, I think in terms of games vs memory. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back