Buying New Camera

Donald Harvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so this is probably a pretty debating question, and I am truly sorry to ask it, because I am sure that it will bring up some debate! But I am looking to buy a new Camera. I have no Idea which one to buy, I have been looking online for specs about cameras but I kinda want some opinions from the people who actually buy them. So give em to me! I am a Canon man, I have a Canon XH-A1 video camera, and I use that for pictures right now, but I think I want to use that for only video....So once again give me opinions!

Thank you very much for you opinions!

Harvey

Would you want a point and shoot camera or an SLR (assuming digital)?

Point and shoots are much more simple to operate, and they are very portable. Also, the LCD screen viewfinder is a nice feature. The main downside with them is that they usually don't have as many manual settings.

DSLRs have a full-automatic setting, along with many other automatic and manual settings. They can do just as much as a point and shoot, and more. However, they generally cost more.

here is an article from this site about buying a camera
-Paul

DSLR, I have heard about those and the beauty of them. I Think I will go all out if I am going to buy something, give me your thoughts on the right DSLR, I am interested in pictures of all sorts, landscape, abstract, headshots, etc. Anything that I see I want to take a picture of. My Canon XH-A1 supports it, but it's just not for pictures, plus it is bigger then hell, kinda are to just whip out and shoot! But yes I am looking at DSLR. Can you give me some more info about that, very much appreciate it!

Thanks,

Harvey

I just bought a 40d and it's awesome, I don't know what your budget is, but it's pretty awesome so far, I would recommend it!!!

Most reactions

Back