buying the nifty 50 today

I'm not sure why people like the second one. The colours are much richer in the first one and the timing was better for the clouds in the background. Good shot.

I'm not sure why people like the second one. The colours are much richer in the first one and the timing was better for the clouds in the background. Good shot.

timing isnt an issue... the are both the same picture.... the second one is just saturated more than the first.... i like the second one because i'm a fan of saturated images... i like the mood it gives

Is it just me or is the second one less saturated (looks more BW than the other)...I like #2 though it looks kinda gritty

congrats! I like the subject, btw... nice skies out there too.

I like the first one simply because it looks like something that you'd see with your eyes, but the second is something you'd never see.

My $0.02

The picture has very nice composition. I couldn't help but do some PP on it. I hope you don't mind.

I upped the exposure, popped the fall color, cloned out that car on the left and cropped. :)

3042308577_82bf3ab43c.jpg

I tend to like the second over the first, although I normally come from the "love-well-saturated-colour-pics-party" ;) ... but I see that dust bunny in all of them (top middle, thereabouts), and once seen it, I can't seem to look past ;) ... sorry.

I didn't use my "nifty fifty" as much as I ought to have while my favourite lens still was in good working order, but now that that one's kind of "broken" (is is broken, why mince words, I must still be in denial :scratch: ), I use it a lot more.

Is it just me or is the second one less saturated (looks more BW than the other)...I like #2 though it looks kinda gritty

yes, it is less saturated.. sorry, I guess when I talk about saturation, I always talk about bringing it DOWN, not up... I hate the look of images when you pump UP the saturation... so yes, you are right in what you say.. i just worded it wrong

I see that dust bunny in all of them (top middle, thereabouts)

am i blind?

Look now:

3042549492_560c34b86b_marked.jpg

It is not cloud, as becomes most apparent in the bright edit done by El2.

That could very easily be a passing cloud.

That could very easily be a passing cloud.

i'm thinking this too, cause there is nothing on the lens.. its brand new.. and this pic was literally fresh out of the box.. went to the store, bought it, got in my car, went to the location, pulled it out, quick examine of the lens for dust, take the picture... the photo was edited in photomatix (hdr with 4 pictures) so i'm thinking its just the color editing in there

Very nice lens. The mark looks like a cloud, I wouldn't worry unless you see it in other pictures.

Well, like I was saying: it is CLEARLY recognisable as a dust bunny in El2's brightened edit... it STAYED dark, and if it were "cloud" it would have been brightened along with the clouds around it.
And no, it is not on the lens. That is probably squeaky clean!
It's on the sensor.

Most reactions

Back