...by any other name

Negative ISO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bought my wife some flowers for her birthday. Couldn't resist pointing my camera at them for a few minutes. :)

zdDTe.jpg

Some PP adjustment and mild crop to raw image w/ Canon DPP application, no PS. C&C welcome.
Canon Rebel XS w/ kit lens @ 55mm, f/5.6, 1/3sec, ISO 200

How do you like your Rebel?
So far I am very happy with it. :D I have been using full manual mode to force myself to learn about how all the variables work together, and I've found that I wish it had spot metering. So far that is my only complaint. I'm starting to think I might be ready to grab a 50mm f/1.8...

Good for you.....I hope you "get some" for the flowers!!!

Now your photo.....I want cropped closer. Or a portrait of a single. There is too much going on in the background for me to enjoy how beautiful the rose is. :sexywink: Now get off the computer and finish your wife's Birthday off w/ a bang!!!

I want cropped closer. Or a portrait of a single. There is too much going on in the background for me to enjoy how beautiful the rose is. :sexywink: Now get off the computer and finish your wife's Birthday off w/ a bang!!!

I *almost* went with the closer crop, thanks for the feedback. It's only 4PM here, taking her out to dinner with family in a bit. ;)

I noticed the lack of spot metering as well and the added difficulty of setting a custom wb as opposed to the relative ease of my a3000is...

and the added difficulty of setting a custom wb as opposed to the relative ease of my a3000is...
I haven't done custom wb yet, I just shoot everything in RAW and tweak the wb in pp if it is off. I was reading about using a grey card to quickly set a custom wb for a particular environment. I can see how that would be very useful if you planned to take a large number of shots in a setting where the wb was off...

Now your photo.....I want cropped closer. Or a portrait of a single. There is too much going on in the background for me to enjoy how beautiful the rose is. :sexywink: Now get off the computer and finish your wife's Birthday off w/ a bang!!!

Wife says she prefers your comment over what Drex had to say. :D

Wife says she prefers your comment over what Drex had to say. :D

Happy Birthday!!!!
:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back