Byron Bay, Australia

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Byron Bay.. Not to keen on these but figured I'd share.. I do really need to get rid of my Crop Sensor camera or pick up a wider lens. The Nikkor 24-70 doesn't cut it for most landscape shots. Shot about 5:45am just after sunrise at 5:15. As you could see some rocks were hit by the sun, some were in the shade still.

Byron Bay by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

That is all from me! Have a great Tuesday folks, I'm going to sleep!

I like the feeling in the first shot and the lighting. It might be my monitor, but just a little of a high key in these. Maybe cut back slightly on the brightness, but that could be me as I said. Also like the last shot, very nice shot.

All the best.

Danny.

on this monitor, they are too bright and have completely blown out areas... but... as I said... it could be just my monitor

Lovely photographs.
We're planning a trip to Byron Bay this month end. We're staying here Quambi - Suffolk Park
Never been here before!
Let's hope we can witness the beauty shown in your photos!

The first one shouldn't have any blown out areas. Well large enough to effect the image. However, the 3rd one definitely does. I couldn't save the highlights in LR. Didn't have much time to shoot either!

Hey Burgh!

May I ask if any filters were used on these shots?

Thank you :)

Well since you already know what could be improved all I have to say is thanks for sharing picturs of a place I likely will never see in person.

Hey Burgh! May I ask if any filters were used on these shots? Thank you :)

Yes I used a 10 stop Hoya filter for my 24-70! I may or may not need to recalibrate my MacBook Pro. It always looks so much better on my mbp than on my desktop at home.

I am nots that experienced but,
On my IPad, they look too bright also with #2 the brightest. I like the clarity of #3 the best. #1 could use less sky since it is not as interesting as your wave action?
I like the motion you are going after, but maybe back offa little? The water will still 'move' but the brightness will be helped.
nice shots and place.
Nancy

Looks like a beautiful place. My son who's 9 insists he is going to be a marine biologist and live and Australia when he grows up. To this mama, thats a long ways from Kentucky.

Looks like a beautiful place. My son who's 9 insists he is going to be a marine biologist and live and Australia when he grows up. To this mama, thats a long ways from Kentucky.

If he wants to be a marine biologist. This is the place. Luckily for my parents I'm only here for 4 months total. Another month of study and I'll be back in the good old USA

Grab a Tokina 11-16mm 2.8! SO much better than trying to shoot landscapes at 24mm. I'll echo what others have said--not bad, but each has it's selection of blown highlights, and for me, the compositions could do with some improving.

Cheers!
Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back