C-41 film developing mistakes inquiry help

Giuliana Coty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

I got my film developed yesterday from a lab and today while I was scanning the negatives I noticed these marks on the photographs (I am attaching photos), I was wondering whether someone could enlighten me on this. I´m not sure if it´s related to the developing or the scanning.

Thank you! :smile:

Attachments

• Svein002-1-1.jpg
    Svein002-1-1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Svein002-1.jpg
    Svein002-1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Svein021.jpg
    Svein021.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 156
Your images are too small to see what you are referring to ... you should point out what to look at

The first one looks like moir, during scan. The film was probably on the glass as opposed to being off the glass in the holder. Hard to tell with attachment

The first one looks like moir, during scan. The film was probably on the glass as opposed to being off the glass in the holder. Hard to tell with attachment
Looks like this to me too. This will also happen to me sometimes even when I'm using a holder if the film is really curled. It curls down and comes into contact with the glass, you end up with that effect.

Looks like this to me too. This will also happen to me sometimes even when I'm using a holder if the film is really curled. It curls down and comes into contact with the glass, you end up with that effect.
I use isopropyl alcohol on a clean micro fiber towel. Place the towel over your hand, locate the wet spot of alcohol and place between your finger and thumb and squeeze gently over the film while pulling it through. The film flattens out quickly.

Newton's Rings is what it looks like to me.

Back before newton free glass photographers printing in the darkroom would use a very fine corn starch powder (applied with an atomizer) on the glass sheets to eliminate the rings.

Most reactions

Back