C&C appreciated

cletusjermal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you all think of these. In the first one should i not of cropped out as much of the top of the trees?

052cropped-1.jpg

078cropped-1.jpg

For #1 I would have had the horizon lower - maybe by shooting from two feet or so lower down or tilt the camera upwards. Feel if you shoot lower down you'll get a more interesting perspective.

How did you get the shot? You were on a bridge? In a boat? I like the symmetry of the shot.

Something doesn't do it for me on #2.. can't quite put my finger on what though..

On the first one the road was flooded up to right where i was standing. I cropped it to try and keep the rule of thirds. I was trying to keep the horizon at the top third. Here is the original image.

052-1.jpg

What did you intend for the subject to be? When I see the photo (both original and new) my eyes are drawn to the treeline disappearing into a point in the middle. Think the photo would look more powerful with longer "treelines"?!

Just my two cents..I probably would have crouched down and put the horizon on the lower third but then I typically shoot a lot of sky.

I wanted to catch the tree line and the reflection of the tree line disapearing into the distant point.

The disappearing point right in the middle, be better if to a spot as defined by the photography composition rules.. But still the shot looks great and remind me of ax men bayou part. :p

Most reactions

Back