C & C Bass Guitar

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C per req: Not bad; a couple of things strike me however. One is the rather unattractive industrial carpet that the guitar is sitting on. Try putting a piece of black cloth on the floor and elevating the guitar somewhat. The other is the lighting. The foreground is very dark, and there is a prominent flare about half-way down the body to the right of the strings. This indicates that more diffusion was needed in your light source. Did you consider bouncing a flash or using reflectors?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I like it but I think it would look better with a darker background. Good looking bass.

Image has a lot of "Precision" to it ;)

I agree, the carpet sucks

I liked the perspective and the rich colors. I found the reflections of the window(?) and knobs (?) distracting.

I like the carpet. The reflection of your camera and the reflection on the top/left side of it slightly bother me though... I think it *might* have been neat if in the reflection there was something instrument related... Like an amp, drum set, or something along those lines.

For me, I don't mind the carpet. It looks pretty accurate to what a stage carpet looks like. The reflections re very unfortunate. I really like to see a re-shoot with closer attention paid to the reflections, but I say keep the carpet. The carpet makes it feel like it's in it's natural enviroment and makes me feel like I'm back in high school when I used to perform. Adding a cloth underneath is really going to just make it a typical, posed photograph.

For me, I don't mind the carpet. It looks pretty accurate to what a stage carpet looks like. The reflections re very unfortunate. I really like to see a re-shoot with closer attention paid to the reflections, but I say keep the carpet.
Actually, most of the rug is cloned to block out a bunch of furniture in the room. Not that you mention it, it really does look like something out of a bar. It really doesn't look like that at all. If you look at the texture of the left side vs the right side and the right side is cloned. I may take some time tomorrow and re-shoot it and try to minimize the reflection. I'm going to try the Sony F828. It has some outrageous DoF and might just get the whole thing tack sharp.

Last edited:
My vote, for what its worth, is to re-shoot trying to MAXIMIZE the reflections. a P-bass has sexy lines, the gloss finish just enhances that, don't try to minimize its reflections. The reflections you have here are very distracting, but if you get the right reflections it could be magic. The composition of the subject itself is fine, but you really need to work on its environment. That carpet does look like the patchwork remnants used on the stage of every small club I've ever played, so if your reflections contained a bassman cabinet with a glowing power light, a mic stand, and the stage lights overhead, it would be infinitely more awesome than a bedpost and open window. And don't forget the reflection in the brightwork too, you've got that big bridge cover showing the entire room. You did well hiding yourself & the camera in the curve, but the ceiling fan and curtains are blatant and not pretty.

I actually have a 5 string bass that I play all the time but, the P bass is such a classic and represents the 1st electric bass Leo Fender made. I also use to have a 6 string bass like was mentioned. I had 2 good days with it, the day I bought it and the day I sold it. lol

I like the carpet. The reflection of your camera and the reflection on the top/left side of it slightly bother me though... I think it *might* have been neat if in the reflection there was something instrument related... Like an amp, drum set, or something along those lines.
great Idea. Now if I can just get an Ampeg SVT into the bed room lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back