C&C before and after

mkkbarnes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I normally shoot in Raw but this one was shot in JPEG as i forgot to change my settings back after a trip. The colors and sharpness seem stronger than what appears in Elements 11. I dont know if its my mind playing tricks on me, but it has always seemed that way. Is it my program or am I dumb because im so new to this? Anyway... Any tips on everything I did wrong in camera or post process? Thanks

1. SOOC- 1/500 2.5 iso400

2. Edit

I'm not 100% clear; are you saying that your .jpg images look good in-camera, but less so in PSE11, or are you saying that the .jpgs 'pop' more than the raw files?

With respect to the latter, bear in mind that there's a significant amount of in-camera post-processing applied to every .jpg, and unless you've changed those settings, they are, as they came from the factory, set to produce an image which will appeal to the majority of people. Concerning the former, if this is the case, then it may be that your camera is set to one colour-space and your program another, or (and very probably) your monitor isn't colour-calibrated, and therefore is not showing 'true' colour. You need a device such as the Spyder 4 colourometer to actually calibrate your display settings. As far as the posted image goes, the edit is definitely an improvement; the original was under-exposed and had a blue cast. I think though, you may have increased exposure just a bit too much as you're losing some detail in the skin now.

You just do not like the Adobe raw processing engine output. Try a different converter, or use a native one if you like its output.

I'm not 100% clear; are you saying that your .jpg images look good in-camera, but less so in PSE11, or are you saying that the .jpgs 'pop' more than the raw files?

With respect to the latter, bear in mind that there's a significant amount of in-camera post-processing applied to every .jpg, and unless you've changed those settings, they are, as they came from the factory, set to produce an image which will appeal to the majority of people. Concerning the former, if this is the case, then it may be that your camera is set to one colour-space and your program another, or (and very probably) your monitor isn't colour-calibrated, and therefore is not showing 'true' colour. You need a device such as the Spyder 4 colourometer to actually calibrate your display settings. As far as the posted image goes, the edit is definitely an improvement; the original was under-exposed and had a blue cast. I think though, you may have increased exposure just a bit too much as you're losing some detail in the skin now.

Thank you for your response! I typically always shoot in RAW because of the in camera process with JPEG. I hate losing the information and not being able to do my usual adjustments in ACR... I have a Spyder and My screen is calibrated, but my issue is that I will finish my edited and love it. When I go to pull it up somewhere else, anywhere else other than photoshop on my computer. It does not look the same as it did:/ I dont know if maybe I am doing something wrong when saving but i cant imagine it changing that much if thats the case. The colors, brighter and sharping are stronger outside of photoshop. Perhaps there are settings in Photoshop im not aware of? IDK... I'm sorry if that doesn't make any more sense than before! I agree with the brightness on this pic! I tend to do that, not intentionally:/ Still learning and I appreciate your feedback!!

You just do not like the Adobe raw processing engine output. Try a different converter, or use a native one if you like its output.

I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I am not sure what you mean...

I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I am not sure what you mean...
I believe he's referring to the fact that different raw processing software produces different results, but again, I don't believe that's your issue.

Most reactions

Back