C&C Bird Photo Please

You need a longer focal length lens.

The image is not that interesting. The bird would be more interesting in a more "natural" environment.

Thanks for the Constructive Criticism. I can't seem to get it right, it's either I have one boring thing in a photo or that I have a million things in the background that take away from my focal point.

If bird photography is what you are aiming for you might want to consider the expensive option and the cheap option. The expensive option would be a longer more powerful lens say at least 300mm. And the cheap option would be a bird feeder near a window that you can get close to without scaring the birds. You'll also want to learn how to select single AF points on your digital camera and select the middle point (default is typically all AF points which won't help).

Another thing I noticed in your photo is it appears to have some dark marks on it from either dust on your lens or sensor, it is noticeably in the middle of the frame near the bottom.

Let me know if this helps.

To be completely honest, it looks like you took the picture with a camera phone =/

I should have mentioned, one thing nice about this photo is the framing, you didn't place the bird smack dab in the middle of the frame. I'd say this is a good application of the rule of thirds.

The photo is kinda dull like either the ISO is high and there is noise or maybe you also need a filter.

Thanks for the Constructive Criticism. I can't seem to get it right, it's either I have one boring thing in a photo or that I have a million things in the background that take away from my focal point.

... hey, don't let that stop you from taking pictures ... most of us don't think we get it right (or we want to think it is right).

AverageJoe gave good advice that you should look at. You picked a better subject this time, but HOW you show the subject matters just as much. You have too much of the frame wasted on the house. That is why you need a closer shot because then the house wouldnt grab all of the attention.

Most reactions

Back