What's new

c&c, edit suggestions??

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I would really like to send this to Mpix to make an 8x10 but I know it needs some editing. suggestions?
1
4540958304_a8a4b0c82a.jpg
 
would you like me to edit it and then tell you what I did?
 
My suggestions:

1. crop it vertically - fairly close in to the face
2. skin looks a little bluish
3. maybe increase contrast or saturation slightly
 
My suggestions:

1. crop it vertically - fairly close in to the face
2. skin looks a little bluish
3. maybe increase contrast or saturation slightly

thank you, I'll try that
 
ok here is my edit
4540958304_a8a4b0c82a.jpg

thoughts?
 
Sorry, er111a, but ... no.
Waaaaaay to bright eyes. Skin still bluish in tones, and her eyes ... sorry. No.
Sooo overdone.
 
I had to do it on the older photoshop, so that made it somewhat hard
 
I don't even KNOW the first thing about newer photoshop versions :blushing: ... I have worked with PS 6.0 for years now ... I guess any newer version would be hard work for me at first.

One thing I'd definitely do is warm those skin colours. And give this one a vertical crop.
 
yeah I was trying to focus on her eyes and I had to rush a little bit, so I wasnt able to get exactly what I was going for
 
I am thinking more along these lines:

photosoto_4540958304_a8a4b0c82a_mye.jpg


Did the crop (though by that she did lose some of her curls), changed the colour balance by yellow-blue -20 and green-red +10, and then changed the levels a bit. Since the sky was blown anyway, I did not mind to up the highlights just a little, and the shadows weren't even fully there, so I added some to bring out more contrasts and contours.
 
Fixing was difficult?? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
 
yeah that looks pretty good what do you think of the last one I posted? jw
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom