C&C For a 15 year old newbie!

SushiWarrior

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello to everyone at these lovely forums! I'm a 15 year old high school student from Canada looking for some C&C on some of my pictures. Feel free to bash all you want. These pics are taken with a D40X and a 50mm F/1.8, no tripods, no flash, no strobe, nothing. Just glorified snapshots!
Flickr: Sushi Warrior's Photostream
3942037703_809697a8b7.jpg

3942818214_87ca2f14ba.jpg

Quick little gradient and some PS magic on the window ;)

3942815800_c96c80d1fc.jpg

3942820272_ff9bb07bb0.jpg

3942819566_13835e7f98.jpg

Waves over a rock while I was fishing in the Niagara Gorge. This wave was made by the Whirlpool jet boat. Just a quick little snap with some HDR-like editing in photoshop.

3942822434_55dbf65c18.jpg

3942044009_7f64bc7418.jpg

Got bored in the car after just getting my 50 f/1.8 and wanted to take a pic of something!

Most pics have been photoshopped in a totally un-realistic way. I know some of them look totally over saturated.

Last edited:
To imbed an image from Flickr. Go to the picture you want to use from Flickr and click on "All Sizes" (above your picture). Select the size you want to display and then look below the picture for the #2 box that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Highlight to select it and then right click the selection and hit Cut (or Copy). Now go back to the TPF (The Photo Forum) post you want to imbed the image in. Click on the orange and grey icon above the message box (the one that looks like a tree with a camera in the front of it). In the box that pops up, paste the URL in box (make sure you only have 1 "http://" in the URL line before you hit the Ok button). Hit the Ok button. Click on the "Preview Post" button to see if your picture is imbedded in the post.

i like 5,8,9. if you post less images in each topic you may recieve more complete comments.
f.e. in the #4 the fan looks quite good (i don't like so much the subject, but is a nice shot) but the composition could have been better cutting an upper slice to fill the frame with tour subject
the #7 looks interesting, but you took it from too far. a closer shot and a not completely desaturation could enhance it.

You've got an eye for composition. Keep posting here for critic.

Welcome aboard.
You will get more/better critique if you keep your posts to one or two shots. Also, the more info you give us about the shot, the better we can offer advice & comments.

I took out a couple of the pics, by the way here's my favourite pic I have taken so far!

3944277037_95978ff6f6.jpg

why does everyone under 18 seem to find the need to say "yeah im only... so yeah c&C

It doesn't make you any better...

anyways appart from that rant...

Very nice Composition in the images,
#5 is a little too strong imo, but it only just works, but only just anyways thats all i have to contribute atm :)

I will agree it does look washed out in the whites, I'll touch it up again. I just like to point out I'm younger so people take the C&C accordingly, I don't care about how "good" anyone thinks I am or the pictures are but I don't want suggestions that are way out of my league. Or budget :lol:

Yeah I'm 15 but it dosent make a difference. But there isn't anything that really catches my eye here. They just look like snapshots with heavy PP. When I go shoot now I know exactly what I want before hand. And I spend an hour or so on location setting up and shooting then just taking my time to compose and find out what parts will catch someones eye. Then I go from there.

I like #1 & #2. Ford Mustang?

Yep, '05 convertible with red seats.

Right now what I'm working on is getting more time for trips just by myself as with other people I always feel very rushed and don't have time to explore with settings, better lighting, and better composition. I will take a couple long walks by myself on some local trails and see what I can come up with. Expect a waterfall pic of two :D

why does everyone under 18 seem to find the need to say "yeah im only... so yeah c&C

It doesn't make you any better...

anyways appart from that rant...

Very nice Composition in the images,
#5 is a little too strong imo, but it only just works, but only just anyways thats all i have to contribute atm :)
I don't. And I won't ever do that.

I have one thing to say aside from nice shots. Age is no excuse. a 10 year old can take a better shot than some experienced 50 year old vice versa.
Younger photographers often even have a better eye... so whatever you do don't use the excuse... I'm 15 so if it ain't good that's why.

OK, OK, I removed the 15 year old part from the title. I don't get why everybody assumes it's an excuse though....

EDIT: my bad, I can only remove it from the post title. Oh well.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back