C&C - HDR picture

Psytrox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I took my first HDR picture last night. Would really appreciate some C&C

- Psytrox

I like it. Nice colours, nice saturation. I think there is a lot of dead space at the top and at the bottom, I keep wanting to have a more panoramic view. But that's just me.

Ohh, and there is a lot of detail-lacking black areas here (forest). A nice MDR (medium dynamic range) ;)

Ohh, love the reflection. I think you captured the mood nicely. Where did you focus?

Great sunset, but lacking high dynamic range. You should be able to see some detail in the trees.

The HDR itself seems well done, and the reflections are very nice, but the image itself is somewhat less than exciting. Well done for avoiding the 'cartoon-like' look so many HDR images have.

How many exposures, and in what file format? Raw/ JPEG?

How did you decide how many, and the value of, the EV steps? How many steps were minus EV steps and how many were + EV steps?

What application did you use to merge the exposures?

Thanks for all the replies :)

I focused on the water, near the tree edge (automatic) and then switched to manual when i took the actual shots. The pictures were taken in RAW format.

I used adobe to merge the photos. As i said, this is my first HDR, so i didnt really "decide" anything, I just thought I'd give HDR a try :p I had +-2 and 0 exposure, three images. I am now wishing i would have taken 5, at +-1, 2 and 0 exposure.

If I'm lucky, I'll get another oppertunity tonight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back