What's new

C&C Ivy on wall

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the colors in this. I am pretty happy with the composition. Any comments?



3511978372_bca742e818_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
nice color in the leaves

i wonder how this would look in HDR...... alot of colors
and the blow bench is distracting
 
Nice colors indeed my friend... what are you shooting this with?
 
...... alot of colors
and the blow bench is distracting

??? What is blow bench?


Anyways, I was questioning the square crop, but I think it works in this case. I especially like the variation in pattern with the leaves, as nature often provides us with. Nice shot!
 
??? What is blow bench?

My question, too!
And where would that ominous "blow bench" be?

I like this.
For the same reasons that you're mentioning: the colours are particularly nice and varied.

If you hadn't cropped it this "close to square" (as it isn't really square but not really the usual print ratio, either), what would have been inside the frame?
 
I really like this a lot! It's simple yet colorful and pleasing to the eye. You've caught texture in the root system of the vine, pattern & color in the leaves...very nice shot!

I'm curious too Ecas32, what the heck is a blow bench?
 
??? What is blow bench?


Anyways, I was questioning the square crop, but I think it works in this case. I especially like the variation in pattern with the leaves, as nature often provides us with. Nice shot!

I think he means the white boards are blown. (over exposed) If not than I'm just as confused as you.
 
yes i think overexposed bench/wall not a bench wher u can go and get blown! nice shot, just darken highlights a bit
 
Thanks people! I shot it with Canon Rebel Xsi with kit 18-55(?) lense.
I am going to go out and retake some pics using a tripod this time:D.
The whole garage wall is covered and I find it difficult to find the "interesting shot" and acceptable crop. I have been thinking, and I think i got it ;)

I ordered a nifty fifty f/1.8 and I think that might help me out with my sharpness. Well, that and a tripod. I really love photography, but my 3 dimensional/sculptural art background frustrates me to no end in dealing with 2D composition.
 
Ok, why did I not use a tripod before?
Now I need a taller tripod, and a shorter one :D
Much happier with the clarity/sharpness. (duh).

I downloaded the trial for Photomatix. It's kinda neat.

Here is the original for reference:
3511978372_bca742e818_o.jpg


I understand the "blown out" now. :thumbup:

HDR (pardon the watermark) uncropped:

3513570531_b1a7c4fd89_o.jpg


Oh look! Detail in the wood :mrgreen:

HDR, cropped:

3513570409_d67cdd3bee_o.jpg


I like this better than the "square". But I think the uncropped one works best.
Do you think the green is a little oversaturated?
I know the watermark is a little annoying, but after I play around and decide Photomatix is worth it, I'll buy it.

Thanks for all your input, and helping me learn!:mrgreen:


Bonus image:

3514432178_1ba19e89d1_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
Gotta be honest here, I think your original exposure is better than the HDR. I think the lack of detail in the wood helps draw attention to the detail in the leaves creating a nice balance. By adding this additional texture, your shot becomes very busy and leaves the eye wondering what to look at. The tonal range from the HDR becomes more mid-toned and the lack of contrast makes the details look soft. I think the vividness of it is appealing, but I liked the original as it was. Not to say this isn't a good shot, but I personally prefer the first.
 
I have to agree that the original was better. I don't care for the greens in this one, they don't look real and the darker boards are distracting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom