C&C my PP please

SwiftTone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I recently started getting into photography. I've been enjoying it alot. I'd like to get some C&C on this photo I took of my friend please. I am specifically looking for C&C on the PP. This photo was quickly taken during lunch so composition wasn't really priority at the time. I added the border just as practice, even though I think it blends in with her dress too much.

Original
4755569295_a1666edaa6_b.jpg

Edited. Cropped, adjusted histogram, brightened, removed blemishes including bikini strpp, softened/smoothed skin, brightened eyes(maybe too bright??), and added border.
4756208376_25436532e5_b.jpg

Just a quick C&C:

- Eyes wayyy too bright now, you should try to keep her lovely deep brown tone
-I like that the skin is brighter, but now it has a strange yellow cast to it
-skin smoothing looks alright, but I would let her keep her birthmark. It's not a blemish, it's a part of her.
-the background is a bit distracting in this shot. You might try making a couple of layers. Burn the background layer, and doge the foreground. You'll get a nice "spotlight" effect on your subject.
I'm also wondering why you healed the birthmark, but kept the scar on her eybrow

Just a quick C&C:

- Eyes wayyy too bright now, you should try to keep her lovely deep brown tone
-I like that the skin is brighter, but now it has a strange yellow cast to it
-skin smoothing looks alright, but I would let her keep her birthmark. It's not a blemish, it's a part of her.
-the background is a bit distracting in this shot. You might try making a couple of layers. Burn the background layer, and doge the foreground. You'll get a nice "spotlight" effect on your subject.
I'm also wondering why you healed the birthmark, but kept the scar on her eybrow

-Yea, I did notice that, but I didn't really know how much it should stand out. My favorite feature of her is her eyes, so I guess I went overboard.
-Now that you mentioned it, I do kind of see the unnatural tint on her skin. Partially is because my monitor isn't tuned, and also I'm green/red color blind which must of affected my judgment.
-I guess I shouldn't have taken out her birthmarks to this extent. I was just having fun playing with Photoshop. I actually do like her scar personally. Probably not other people though lol.
-I'll try to learn to burn the background.

I am probably gonna pickup the Spyder this week just to get my colors adjusted. I figure it would at least help out my eyes a little. I learned all this in Photoshop in an hour via Youtube lol. Thanks for the C&C!!

The eyes are freaky now on that PP'ed pic, otherwise it's good, except she lost some facial detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back