Photos OK to edit
Here you are. These are my fav and were tooken on Corvallis - Oregon
Photo 1:
223268_10150592149345386_779230385_18451292_7779174_n.jpg

Photo 2:
226978_10150592149175386_779230385_18451288_5339771_n.jpg

Photo 3:
230293_10150592148625386_779230385_18451279_6663612_n.jpg

I have more, but I want to respect the rule of 3 pic :)

Please, help me to learn ;)

The third one is my favorite. I have tulips like those in my backyard and they're great to take pictures of. The second one is a nice shot, but the background is both distracting and uninteresting. Always think anout not only your subject but also the background when you're shooting. The tree in number one is beautiful, but all the stuff around it is distracting. Again, think about the background and composition on this one. Nice shooting and again, nice work on the third one!

For the first one, the composition doesn't do much for me. With the cluttered background, I'd of taken a close-up shot of one of two of the buds rather than the whole tree.

Composition on the second one doesn't work for me either. I think the tulips are too far apart from each other to be effectively captured together as the subject of a photo. The depth-of-field is really shallow too and the focus seems to be on the second flower. For an image like this, I think it'd be better with all three in focus or at least the first two.

And, the last one is the best composed of all three. We have a clear idea of what the subject is (unlike the second image), and it's well-positioned in the frame. I'd of even taken it from over the tulip more so we see more of the colored center that's only hinted at in your image. Unfortunately, you missed the focus a bit. Again, with the shallow depth-of-field, this can be challenging. It looks like the camera focused on the edges of the petals, where-as I'd like to see the whole bloom sharp (especially the center, that's where my eye's drawn).

I hope that's helpful to you. Keep at it.

Thank you all... Yeah, I need to learn to control the focus :( And I am havind difficult to "manipulate" the background... I hope that with practice... :)

Pretty the same as people have mentions already.

2nd picture, it can be a good shot if you angle it better. The tree on the left is distracting and you shouldn't include it in a picture if it's not part of the subject. If you move to the left and focus on the first rose and blur the other two in the background, it'll be much better. You can focus on two rose too. Just play around with it. If you see a shot that's interesting, take it from many angles. You'll be amaze how many time stepping around can really help and you capture something nice. Anyways GL.

Really. Get over it.

I think it's clear English is not his primary or first language.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but oh well.

The composition could use some work on the first two. In the first one, there is too much "extra" stuff on the ground that distracts from the picture. I found myself looking at the signs as much as looking at the tree. Also, in the first one, the sky was overexposed.

In the second, maybe angle it so the flowers are closer together and try to avoid the tree on the left. The background is unappealing and takes away from the beauty of the flowers.

The third is my favorite of these three. It doesn't have an overbearing background and I like the placement of the flower. My only suggestion to this one would be focus on the inside of the flower next time. It looks like the focus is on the petals which is not where my eyes are drawn to when I look at this picture.

I think looking past the subject and into the background when taking a picture will help you more than most other things. Also, like you said, the focusing...

tooken? really?

LOL! I am from Brazil, and I am deaf... So I am sorry for some writing mistakes :)

Actually, I am living in Oregon to practice my english skills, and I've learned a lot. But it seems that some mistake will continue to be part of my life :)

My primary language is Portuguese, after is Spanish, English and Germany KvnO.... :)

Jmtonkin, thanks for the feedback! I will try to do a better snapshot next time :)

The second link I've already read.. But Is what I always say... Reading is the first step.. practice is the second... :)

Btw, today I've got a homework back and I got a 60 out of 100... this is due my writing mistake :(

Thanks for the comments :)

Most reactions

Back