C&C - Newborn Pictures

trptmitch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Here are a couple pictures from the birth of my son this past week. This is my first time posting pictures to the site for C&C, so bring it on. Thanks in advance!

$MFuqua_140829_6479_Flickr.jpg

$MFuqua_140904_6769_Flickr.jpg

$MFuqua_140906_6944_Flickr.jpg

Adorable!! I love the second one. That is so sweet and original. My critique would be that they are a little dark. Especially on #1, maybe dodge the baby's face to brighten it up a bit.

edit to add that I actually like the other version of #2 on your flicker even more than this one. To me it is more engaging to the viewer...the fact that he is playing with the train/baby, plus the opposite faced bodies. I love it!

Thanks guys! I agree with you Paige that they do seem a slight bit dark. I'm trying to find the balance between legibility of the image and losing the texture quality. I'll bump up the exposure a little bit and dodge that baby and post an update. Thanks!

Yeah a bit dark, but nice. I'm of the light-airy-soft newborn photography school of thought so these are different for me. But not bad!

Love the train tracks! So original and very cute idea!

They are good, but you still have to train your eyes with black and white. There is too much structure in your pictures, and they are too dark. Also, there is too much vigneting IMHO.

Thanks for the comments! Elie, in looking through some of your work I see you've got a great eye for black and white. I agree that they are too dark, but what do you mean about "too much structure" in the pictures?

#2 is great

Most reactions

Back