C&C on Four Model Portraits I Took This Week.

rodnunley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give. Please let me know what I got right and what I got wrong.

I'm sure we all second guess ourselves and I see what I would like to have done better ... but I wonder if I'm seeing what I need to see.

Picture #1

6176324722_2df9550875_z.jpg

Picture #2

6175794455_d8f461bc76_z.jpg

Picture #3

6175788823_c272f28af4_z.jpg

Picture #4

6175788155_d1b87c1003_z.jpg

Thanks in advance for any feedback that you can give.

C&C per req:

Given the model, I'm not entirely sure of what sort of look you're going for. I will critique to what I feel is a fairly general standard.

1. I think your key is too high and needs to be either closer to the lens axis or farther away. You've got one side of her face lit, albeit with a rather dark eye socket, but all of her chest is illuminated; this presents a rather unbalanced look. Also try and be at eye-level rather than looking down. Lastly, her right hand is in a very awkward position. I would suggest keeping it down at her side.

2. Nicer lighting here, but the WB seems a little green to me. As well, you have two lights in the background which you shouldn't be able to see. I would also consider exposing all of the tattoo on her left arm, or covering it all up.

3. Get the light off of your camera! 'nuf said.

4. This isn't bad, again, you're shooting abover the subject's eye-level. GET DOWN! I think your key is about 1/3 stop too hot here, and a reflector image right would have helped a LOT. Why was this shot in landscape? A portrait orientation from farther back would have eliminated the cropped head and cleavage. As well, get your subjects MUCH further from the background to avoid the harsh shadows.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks so much for the feedback. Very useful. Just a note ... photo three was a ring flash shot.

2. Nicer lighting here, but the WB seems a little green to me. As well, you have two lights in the background which you shouldn't be able to see. I would also consider exposing all of the tattoo on her left arm, or covering it all up.

Here is the photo with no adjustments made by me in photoshop. I think that I might have gotten in my own way with my adjustments.

dsc7320o.jpg

Hot model but im not feeling your pics. First three are kind of dark. i like the one above ^^^^ best. But still too dark.

I mostly agree with everyones critiques on here. I do have a suggestion though. One photo 1, the first thing that caught my attention was her nose ring, the second thing was her tattoo.. which is pretty out of focus. I feel like if you have a model with tattoos, most of the time you are going to want them to be sharp, because it portrays a part of who she is. As soon as I saw the tattoo was out of focus, I moved on to the next picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back