Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
pretty boring for the most part :meh:
3620822256_377a900b09.jpg

3620813846_2367e10263.jpg

I'll throw this one in to I guess
3605275230_7ea0671bb1.jpg

LOL sorry I thought I had it in my sig,oops

yeah it's a flowery kinda thing I'm not sure what its called,that part I wanted to be out of focus but it's actually kind of distracting

The first shot is a good perspective, the second is more "meh-would-expect-my-friend-who-doesn't-know-anything-about-photography-to-take". It lacks the sense of motion and grandeur, not to mention the controlled specular highlights and nice blue sky of the first. It could be made even better, I think, if the background were a little less busy.

lol yeah the second one is definatly lacking I pretty much just threw it in

Yes, well, word of advice. Try not to just throw images out there for the sake of it. You're not doing yourself a service by putting out images that you know are lacking, or don't meet the level of quality you expect from yourself (of course that changes over time; in the small time I've been shooting, I'd say I've raised the bar on what I actually put out there quite significantly).

Thank you, it wasn't very smart for me to do but hey learn from your mistakes right!

Critique:

You need about 4 inches of lift, a set of 33" BFG MT's, a winch, and a little dirt on it.

Hrm, perhaps I should have been a little clearer. When I said "for the sake of it" I meant that. Posting a picture that one considers "failed" or "bad" for critique can be a great learning tool, though I feel one gets more out of it when one feels there's something that could have been done better, but either one doesn't know what could have been done better, or has an idea but isn't sure about the details (like, knowing your exposure is off but not knowing how to correct it, as a random example). If you already know what you could do better to improve the image, much of the criticism you get will be redundant.

Sorry for any confusion. I wasn't trying to discourage putting up shots for critique, I was just using the moment to note as well that it's generally a good idea to showcase your better/best work. Canonian saying "I just threw it in" was what prompted my response, for better or worse.

Here's my critique....

If you are posting saying, "Hey, here's my Jeep, what do you think?" then the photos are ok.

If you are posting saying, "Hey, what do you think of my photographs?" then don't take photos of a vehicle just sitting in the driveway. Take it somewhere interesting to create a photo with.

Take it out in the woods and on the trail. Or I guess you could take it to the mall as well. Jeeps are now multipurpose vehicles, rugged for real trail use, but mostly used as a mallrunner :D

These are basically snapshots..."Here's my jeep." and "Here's some flowers." and that's about all they say...it's a jeep and it's some flowers.

What are you hoping to get out of photography? Is it just a hobby that you want to get better at? Do you want to eventually become a professional photographer? How important is photography to you at this point? How much research have you done?

The fact that you tried different angles on your jeep shows me you do want to take more than just snapshots. Becoming better takes time, practice and an understanding of exposure, composition, light, your equipment, etc...keep shooting and keep pushing yourself and your equipment.

Most reactions

Back