C&C on some Evening and Night photography

EhJsNe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Screwing with my new tripod [at night!] and took some pictures of random things with my moms camera (only working digital camera in the house...mine takes everything blue. its annoying. cant find any settings to fix this :()

Heres one of the moon (ive got mixed feeling about it)
The_Moon_by_listoman.jpg

an icicle. (handy dandy fish tank light lit up the icicle, white balance set to floresent (sp?) and some editing in picasa..looked pretty cool.
Icicle_by_listoman.jpg

and one of some snow difts taken around 6 o'clock with a fill flash, then darkened the shadows in Picasa.
Snow_Drifts_by_listoman.jpg

i like the first one, but if the actual outline of the moon were more distinct and not just a ball of white light i would like it more i think. it could still have the glow around it i just think it would be better to see the detail of the moon. and i would have like to see a tad more branches around the moon and less black space, i find myself looking at the black more. just how im seeing it in my head, not sure if im masking sense hahhaha

i like the first one, but if the actual outline of the moon were more distinct and not just a ball of white light i would like it more i think. it could still have the glow around it i just think it would be better to see the detail of the moon. and i would have like to see a tad more branches around the moon and less black space, i find myself looking at the black more. just how im seeing it in my head, not sure if im masking sense hahhaha

Well ot was a cloudy night....and I just wanted to screw with my tripod. Yes i agree it should be more distint...but then I wouldnt have as much of a glow..

well, I used a flash in the picture to captureas much of the brnches as I could. I used the auto flash, a fill flash and red eye. the fill flash.Each with each flash, the branches got darker. The I got lazy and used the auto clour and t toaly got rid of the branches (oh and if you have a flat screen moniter...it hs if your looking straight on at it to see the branches)
So out of the 3 pictures I kept the medium strength flash for the biggest glow and still have visible branches.
In imrovin the color of the moon (to mowhite then a brown) I lost some of the branches. If I get the time, Ill re-edit it and see if I can add a wee bit of fill light to it and forget about using the auto color.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back