C&C on this stream/waterfall

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this back in May, before I joined TPF. This might be my favorite photo that I have taken this year. Just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it? What could I have done better? Thanks in advance!!

1003824102_Jg5Ek-L.jpg

Sorry for the watermark, it wouldn't let me embed from my flickr for some reason. to see the image without it click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/destindanser/5038374026/

Last edited:
I really like this shot, I wish there was some water near me.

5038374026_5e80be072a_b.jpg

It looks so much better when you can see it.

would've been a great shot but you missed the focus on the watermark. bit soft.

maybe just my monitor...

>_<

Thanks for reposting it man. Is there a difference between embedding from smugmug and flickr? because it works fine for me from smugmug, but not from flickr. Downsizing that watermark RIGHT NOW, because its been annoying me for a while now too

Nice shots! Wish we had waterfalls this nice where I live... Ours are all disgusting brown.

Thanks for reposting it man. Is there a difference between embedding from smugmug and flickr? because it works fine for me from smugmug, but not from flickr. Downsizing that watermark RIGHT NOW, because its been annoying me for a while now too
:thumbup:

Well, I changed the watermark. BUT, now smugmug is either taking forever to apply the change to the existing photos, or else its not going to work. It will work on future photos for sure though. I'm not going to delete and re-upload all my photos just to change the watermark, too much work

I have never used smugmug but from flicker, on a PC, you just need to right click the image, select view image, then copy that url.

Got it!! Thanks man :)

Now that we are past the watermark debate, someone wanna give me some C&C on this photo? lol

I'm a big fan of long-"ish" exposure when it comes to shots like this so I think it looks really good.

I clicked through to your flickr page to look at the exif data on the picture, so my critiques are based on what I found there. For all those who are interested here's the exposure data from the file:

Nikon D40
0.3 sec
f/13
ISO 200

What I think you should try next time is a longer exposure, to really make those trails in the foreground a lot smoother. Also try bumping the aperture down to f/22, that will also help to increase the depth of field. Also think about dropping the ISO down to ISO 100 and see how long you can get the shutter to stay open.

I'm a big fan of long-"ish" exposure when it comes to shots like this so I think it looks really good.

I clicked through to your flickr page to look at the exif data on the picture, so my critiques are based on what I found there. For all those who are interested here's the exposure data from the file:

Nikon D40
0.3 sec
f/13
ISO 200

What I think you should try next time is a longer exposure, to really make those trails in the foreground a lot smoother. Also try bumping the aperture down to f/22, that will also help to increase the depth of field. Also think about dropping the ISO down to ISO 100 and see how long you can get the shutter to stay open.

Yeah, looking back a longer exposure would have been cool. Never really thought of that until now, Thanks :D

The d40 only goes down to iso 200, so thats not an option. I always shoot at my lowest iso if I'm using a tripod on a landscape.

I was just thinking, I should have tried a lower POV. I think it would have added alot to the photo

Nice shots! Wish we had waterfalls this nice where I live... Ours are all disgusting brown.

This is a 3 hour drive from my house, but totally worth it. Its a 3 mile hike that has like 20 waterfalls total, with 8 of them over 25 feet tall.

I had some horrendous sensor dust that day though so most of my photos were ruined. Didn't realize it until I got home and looked at the photos on my monitor otherwise I would have tried cleaning it. I'm going back in a few weeks once the leaves get a little more colorful

Most reactions

Back