C&C Please!! First attempt at maturenty shoot and Photoshop cs5

B.E.S

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
315600_275803895768629_100000170627935_1341101_7566047_n.jpg

This shot i took at my local park. This is a friend of mine. She wanted one picture of many i took to have a different feeling.. This is what i came up with. All done by hand and took 4 days. Seems when you want somethng to be perfect, it don't ever happen that way. So this is why I'm turning to everyone for C&C Good or bad! Thank you!!

My question to you would be why the post treatment? I'm not fond of the serpia treatment nor vignette, it makes the image appear oof. Those items in the background should be eliminated from the shot because you can't tell what the are. Could I see the original?

My question to you would be why the post treatment? I'm not fond of the serpia treatment nor vignette, it makes the image appear oof. Those items in the background should be eliminated from the shot because you can't tell what the are. Could I see the original?

I will post the orginal.

302535_275812205767798_100000170627935_1341113_4688021_n.jpg

This is the only i choose to use for this edit cause it had a blur effect i could work with. The blur was done as a mistake on my part. Witch i later discovered.

This is the only i choose to use for this edit cause it had a blur effect i could work with. The blur was done as a mistake on my part. Witch i later discovered.[/QUOTE]

I'm a noob, but nothing in this picture seems to be really focused IMO.

A very common issue with new photographers, using post work to salvage an image. This shot has motion blur that prevents it redemption. You need to do a reshoot and be sure your shutter speed is set faster. I think you will find this will be the response you'll get on this photo. This shot would be deleted in my work flow.
Work on the basics: focus, and lighting and once you nail this then post work will be much more rewarding.
Keep it up, keep shooting. :thumbup:

Nothing in the picture is focused. That was on my behalf. I had all my settings set, but made a mistake and bumped my tri pod. :( However i figured the edit i did would help with the mistake i made. I know now how important every little bit of movement really is. I'm learning. Mistakes are good cause they only make me better! I only had 3 photos out of 75 that were bad. This is the only one i could try and fix.

A very common issue with new photographers, using post work to salvage an image. This shot has motion blur that prevents it redemption. You need to do a reshoot and be sure your shutter speed is set faster. I think you will find this will be the response you'll get on this photo. This shot would be deleted in my work flow.
Work on the basics: focus, and lighting and once you nail this then post work will be much more rewarding.
Keep it up, keep shooting. :thumbup:

:) Thank you!! Re-shoot has been set for next week!!

Nothing in the picture is focused. That was on my behalf. I had all my settings set, but made a mistake and bumped my tri pod. :( However i figured the edit i did would help with the mistake i made. I know now how important every little bit of movement really is. I'm learning. Mistakes are good cause they only make me better! I only had 3 photos out of 75 that were bad. This is the only one i could try and fix.
It's not fixable and using post work on it won't help. An image must be made right in the camera, post only makes better what already is good. Why not use one of the 72 photos that were good. Would you mind sharing some with us?

Your post work didn't save this image. I could see this done on a sharp image, and adding some grain, for the feel you are going for. If you only had 3 bad images out of 75, you have an amazing keeper ratio! Why don't you try this style of post work on a good image?

The sad thing is, it doesn't matter what people say here.
I guarantee your friend will love this image.

You have a very good point.. Thank you for pointing that out! I guess i didnt want to except i made a mistake and tryed to fix it. Yes she loves the photo. I really like it but i dont totally love it. And having good pro advise only helps me to get better and to see my flaws and to improve my work! Thank you.

Why are you using a tripod if you don't mind me asking???

I like the look you went for. As far as cropping, I would crop half the empty space above her head away.

Oh, I am not a pro. :sexywink:

Why are you using a tripod if you don't mind me asking???

Honestly not 100% shure why. I do have to say i triped over the legs more that it came in handy. I was hoping it would help as far as the shaking goes but as you can tell.. In one of my images it didnt work out too well.

Most reactions

Back