C&C Please - First Post!

Bugs81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good morning all-

I'm a relatively new photographer and have taken college courses a few years ago looking to get back in the swing of things.

Figured I would upload a few recent shots and see if I can get a little C&C.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to learning a lot on the site!

4228746008_452a95d503.jpg

4228749786_7b0b180e82.jpg

4227989101_4afd08942c.jpg

4227991731_2cc722574e.jpg

4228768190_56a3ba7ce9.jpg

Disclaimer: I am a noob.

Except for #5, I almost like them. #1 would be great if the bottom of his mouth wasn't chopped and if both eyes were in focus.

#2 would be better I think if we had more of the window in the shot, to make it feel like he is looking at something. I think he should be picture-left, looking right, instead of eye centered. Basically, he needs nose room.

#3. For me, I think the big fat bird is too dominant in the picture to be out of focus. I like what you're focusing on, but I think it should be recomposed to be more eye-catching and the large OOF bird, less so.

#4. I think this could improve by having both birds in focus.

#5. Bad white balance, and I'm not sure what this is I'm looking at, or what part of the image I'm supposed to be drawn to.

Thanks bazooka, much appreciated.

About to post a few new pics but was curious if I could bother anyone for some more C&C on these??

Thanks

OK
I like #2 alot. Then again, I'm a sucker for good looking dogs. But overall, its a decent exposure with a cool subject.
I don't like the rest of them. The first one, while it does have a cool candid feel, is just too snapshotty if you catch my drift. I'm glad to see that you are playing with depth of field in those ceramic looking duck objects! I think the second of those is overexposed. The bad thing about these is that there isn't anything to make me want to look at the picture. If I were a ceramic duck connoisseur it might be different, but they just aren't interesting enough.

So wonderful you are getting back into photography though. Keep it up, look slike you have some good basics down! Keep posting!

Thank you for the feedback themedicine.

I really like #3, although I might have tweaked the contrast a smidge. #5 is interesting, almost an abstract. Not sure I would have focused on the curly thing. Nice though.

Thanks for the feedback Lazy Photographer!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back