What's new

First post + CC

Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
213
Location
Raleigh, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I just got my first DSLR (Nikon D90/18-105mm) and I've taken a lot of bad photos in the last week or so. I'm mainly struggling with composition at this point but I'm resolved to improve it a lot over time. Here's my first attempt at HDR. Opinions are welcome (without sugar-coating, please). You can disregard the Photomatix watermarks.

firstHDR.jpg


Thank you! :)

J.
 
I like the HDR treatment here.

But as a side note, no need to post the full resolution image. 800x600 72dpi is plenty big to look at and review an image.
 
all that rusty metal, I feel like I need a tetanus shot, I like your pic :)
 
yeah that image was huge.

moving on.

personally, if you know you are struggling with composition, i think i would focus more on that, and getting the basics down than jumping into something like HDR (which will bring out a whole new host of conversations), and processing in general.

shoot til your fingers hurt. it's free. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom