C&C Please

Jen Puleo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few recent photos, would like some tips, suggestions, etc on how to improve. I feel like my photos are not sharp enough. Other than some cropping I haven't done any editing to these. Feel free to edit if you want. I'd love to see how others would have taken these. Thanks!
Jen

2672363495_06d405d611.jpg

2672343893_78fba45a17.jpg

I wanted to post a pic of myself. I didn't have anyone around to take it & used a mirror. How do you accomplish this w/o having it look like crap-like mine :lol:

2673260956_b59f12c249.jpg

All shot w/Nikon D40, I believe I had my 18-55mm lens on.

Thanks!

The shots look a tad bit underexposed. Especially the flower, I was expecting a vibrant flower with a nice green background. The colors are flat too. The self portrait is has foreground clutter too. Nice tries! Keep it up! :)

Ben

1. Your subject is just about centered. The brick wall gives it some depth but my eyes just scanned over it and moved on...

2. More interesting but there's a few petals in the pic on the right hand side that you should crop out.

3. I don't know how to take a pic of myself and not have it look crappy! You did pretty well taking your own I think.

I'm a beginner and not used to critting other people's pictures so...keep that in mind.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back