TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a complete newbie and would love some c&c, suggestions...Thanks

PB0001_2.jpg

PB0001-1.jpg

PB0001_1.jpg

#2 is my fav of them all, i'm not to great on critiqueing nor do i ever really do, but in #1 I would have tried to leave the blue pipe out, or cropped it out in PP, raelly cool shots though

Thanks Fred, I haven't done any post work on any of the photos, I will keep in mind getting rid of the pipe...I like the b&w one as well...but I also really like the colors on the truck too.

The colors are a little off on the first one... too yellow, I believe.

The second one is ok.

Compositionally, I wish I could help you more on the rotting truck thing... I am fascinated by these wrecks but I have yet to take a picture of one that I'm happy with.

I've been toying with the idea that the key might be to take pictures in the same way you would take pictures of a new car. Big flashy angles and focus on details rather than on the whole entity, but I haven't had a chance to experiment with it yet.

1. Crop out the pipe or whatever in the foreground. I think this would also be a good candidate for sepia. Truck is also too centered.

2. I like this one better, but here it seems too centered. I'd still like to see the truck 'driving' into the photo so to speak.

3. Cool shot! On this one I'd rotate it to the counter-clockwise and try to get rid of that area on the upper left.

Overall nice work, thanks for sharing!

I'm certainly not someone who should be critiquing, but when it comes to vehicles, the shots I've been happiest with are the ones from down low angles looking up, or up high looking down. I'd focus in on the back tires, and narrow your depth down. The rusty back of the truck would blend together nicely, like a fall scene.

Rod

Most reactions

Back