C&C Please!

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think of these pictures that I took of my son today.

70ubep.jpg

aua6ts.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.. very nice, but you need to adjust your EV to EV-1 and see what will happen.

Nice.. very nice, but you need to adjust your EV to EV-1 and see what will happen.

Hope this doesn't sound to stupid but what is EV? How would I go about doing that?

Those eyes are an amazing blue!

Cute pictures.

I'd like to see a variety of framing, not just straight on, head in upper 3rd. Nothing wrong with that, I just like variety. What I like with kid shots are more candid and less posed. I find when kids are too posed, they look too grown up and not like the kids they are. So some action shots, some shots of his looking away from the camera and at something else would be interesting.

In the first image, decide if you include the feet or not. Part of his right shoe and leg are showing.

In the second, watch for dirty clothes. You can probably clean that up in post processing. You also slightly cut his fingers on one hand and most of his fingers on the other. Again, either include them entirely or frame differently so they are not included.

Overall, nice shots thought.

EV is your exposure compensation. It stands for Exposure Values. When you meter a shot, you can chose to let the camera meter it (usually in AV, TV or P) and then tell the camera to slight underexpose (EV -1, -2,...) or overexpose (EV +1, +2,...).

Its controlling the exposure while in a semi automatic mode.

If you were shooting manual mode, you would simply set the shutter, aperture and ISO to a spot where the meter would be at the -1 position.

I like #1 because I'm a big fan of selective focus.

I don't like #2 because I'm a big fan of selective focus.

Like Error suggested, slightly reduce the exposure on #1.

Is this better for the first one. I adjusted the exposure and cropped out his shoe.
sc6hd5.jpg

If you use Photoshop don't use the "Exposure" command to adjust the color exposure instead use "Curve" same way to Adobe Lightroom.

I like #1 because I'm a big fan of selective focus.

I don't like #2 because I'm a big fan of selective focus.

Like Error suggested, slightly reduce the exposure on #1.
Where do you see selective coloring?

o **** my bad, Im a bot tired :p lol
As for the photos they seem a bit too saturated

Most reactions

Back