C&C Please:

JAC526

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in Buffalo last weekend for a wedding and got to do a little shooting.

I'm still in the infancy stage of figuring out my new F100.

Here's some I like. Let me know what you think.

This one is a friend of mine. We had just reached the hotel. We took her company car and she drove the entire day. She was tired.

I got lucky and had my camera while she was resting.

R1-08367-0003.jpg

This one is of a cool sign I found while wondering the streets of Buffalo before the wedding.

R1-08366-009A.jpg

This last one is of a hose system in an old US Army Armory building in Buffalo where the reception was held. One of the coolest buildings I've ever been in.

Would love to go back and shoot it during the day.

R1-08366-024A.jpg

These are all straight out of the camera with no editing.

Joe

Bump...65 views and no comments.

Must be bad. Or at least uninspiring.

Uninspiring really.

Uninspiring really.

You know what...that was uncalled for. Go fvck yourself.

Joe

I guess DBJ could have worded that differently, but it was you who bumped the post asking if the pics were bad or uninspiring, so you can't blame him for being honest and giving you feedback. I don't think saying something is uninspiring is a rude or "uncalled for" critique- it's a valid observation. If your goal is to create inspiring photographs, then take it as feedback not as insult. If you're looking for compliments, show your friends and family, people here can be brutally honest. ;)
#1 looks like a snapshot to me,
#2 is underexposed.
I think the darkness of #3 works, and it really makes the sign stand out.
#4 is uninspiring.

Just my opinion.

Well, if you like them, then you don't need our opinions one way or the other. On the other hand, if you are genuinely interested in feedback to allow you to see what needs to be done to improve, consider answering the following questions for each of the photos you posted:
1) What was your vision when you made this image?
2) What did you intend the audience to see or feel?

3) How did you go about achieving your goal?

4) What area(s) do you feel you did not succeed in and are asking for help on?

What I am seeing is a set of snapshots. To elevate them above the snapshot level, you have to put some effort into distilling whatever vision you had into something your audience can find interesting. There's nothing wrong with snapshots as a way of recording events and places. But if you want an image to stand on its own and be admired, you need to create something that gets people interested.

I agree with most of the above views. #3 is interesting. I don't like that the sign is blown out on the left but I like the overall shot. Maybe in PP that could be adjusted. However, it is not sharp and I am imagining it was hand held. #1 is just a snapshot to me. #2 I like the sign and it could be a good subject but I think you missed it. The sign is underexposed and the background is distracting. #4 does nothing for me at all. Also, you say that you took these straight from the camera with no PP. I don't know why you would ever post an unfinished photo for C&C. Clearly they are not going to be as good as if they were already edited. Don't take my critique personal just trying to help you improve.

Something tells me to keep an eye on this thread.......
action-smiley-069.gif

Just try to give it a bit more oomph and it will look more interesting (see example)

317403_10150893484605322_425924260321_21270144_80921659_n.jpg
297458_10150893476795322_425924260321_21270118_472134741_n.jpg

Keep on trying though...

Uninspiring really.
I have to agree with this. Looking at these images, I see no story, get no sense of emotion, and find nothing to hold my interest. You may get something out of them, but that's because you have memories of events associated with them. The key to a good photograph is being able to impart your vision on people who weren't part of the event.

Most reactions

Back