c & c please?

heavanslilangel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first try at flowers in high key, c&c please?

Attachments

• $DSCF3634.JPG
    $DSCF3634.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 65
  • $DSCF3633.JPG
    $DSCF3633.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 76
  • $DSCF3632.JPG
    $DSCF3632.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 72
  • $DSCF3629.jpg
    $DSCF3629.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 73
  • $DSCF3627.jpg
    $DSCF3627.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 66
Looks like the subject was too close to the background... getting a little bit of spill on to the flower #1,2, an 3, kills the background separation, and definition.

#4 and 5, background is not white, and subjects look a little underexposed.

How did you light the background? How did you light the flower?

Can't see the spill over that Charlie is alluding to on my monitor. But I certainly see the color shift in the background in the last two pictures. Your exposure for pics 3 & 4 seem some what under exposed compared to pics 1 & 2. . Composition wise, picture 1 & 2 are the most pleasing, as the green stem just adds that little extra. I'm not fond of picture #3, as I think pic #4 is by far the stronger composition of the two.

I used my lastolite hi lite for background, and soft box on the flower.
Im very new to photography, ( as in only been photographing for the last 3+ months ) but doing a course at college.
Ive been experimenting with settings on my camera, i.e shutter speed, aperture, film speed, and also lighting trying to get a half decent shot. tis somewhat mind boggling,lol
But still having loads of fun. :)

Yes i see what your saying about the exposure on 3 and 4 now that youve pointed it out.
So why would that have happend?,
I didnt change any of the lights. just my camera position. i layed down on the floor to take 3 and 4.
Also none of the shots have been edited in any way either, they are straight from the camera

i wonder what made the differecne in the B/G color in the last two images...as if the pink of flower is diffused to B/G???

last image is really well composed, save a wrong BG

Ok, so ive been thinking and thinking about the colour diffrence in the background of the last 2 shots.
I think i might have worked out why...............................
On the first 3 shots i had the flash gun on the camera and bounced the flash off the ceiling then on the last 2 shots i turned the camera around to get a different angle on the shot and forgot to move the flash gun so it would have been firing .....................well towards my open kitchen door i guess.
I supose that would explain the background difference. :)

Most reactions

Back