C & C please

reaper7534

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a spur of the moment shot, I took as much time to compose as I could. I've been having a problem with sharpness ( at least to me ) and some noise issues. I read about the least noisy ISO's being 160-320-640 on the 7D so I gave that a shot and it did seem to improve. I've also read around f/8 gives you the best sharpness from a 70-200 f/2.8, but in rushing I went with the aperture I had previously set. Would f/8 have sharpened it up any more ? Also, at 200mm would that hurt sharpness overall ?

Overall, what is C&C on the picture and what improvements ? Flickr won't display full resolution images for me since I'm not paying member.

( yes, only my dog will pose for me )

My settings

7D
70-200 f/2.8
f/5.6
1/160 exp.
ISO 160

_M7D3674 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

_M7D3674 by Reaper7534, on Flickr

Are they better with the above crops ?

I think this is a wonderful shot, focus, depth of field are great. But, I also find something wrong with the composition but neither of the two crops do it for me. I think it might have been better if you had stepped back a bit and had a little more scene around the dog. But I still commend you on a great shot; I've spent a lot of time trying to get good dog shots and it isn't easy.

The photo is plenty sharp; you have no problem there.

I'll stay out of the cropping question. You have color and tone response problems with this photo. The white balance is too blue and the photo is too low in contrast. It lacks a solid black point. Here's an adjustment for those problems:

$dog.jpg

Nice dog.

Joe

Thanks, I'm still learning PP, pretty poor at it. I'd lie to host the raw file somewhere so you guys and gals can take a whack at it.

the reason I composed that way is because she is laying next to a well. Normally id like it included, but there was a hose that would
have looked out of place.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back