rhall54

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yoyoyo.jpg

this is a park by my uncle's house.

me gusta

edit: hope you got some of the swings in the back, they seem very prone for some decent pictures

Okay, but first, tell me what you were thinking when you took this picture. What are you trying to say or show with it?

Like the composition in general, but you cropped off top of the Sea Horse's head.

What time was this photo taken? Some parts are way overexposed. Might be a lot better in evening light.

It was taken with a very horrible little point and shoot. during the middle of the afternoon.

I was upset. Grabbed my little camera and went for a walk. This is a park i used to go to when I was younger. Theres a creek behind it and my cousins and I used to play around here. it just brought back good memories so I started taking pictures. :)

I like it .. it makes me feel a bit sad .. a bit like I am looking at aging and time passing .. sort of like the old Coney Island pix you used to see around .. I like the perspective and color .. I know people will bash you .. but we like it .. to me it has tons of emotion ..I like the amount of shadow you left in the pic it adds to the feeling immensely

Okay, I see. Technically it's not bad, but the light and time of day conspired against you. You have deep shadow and bright highlights in the same part of the image. As mentioned, the crooped head of the seahorse is a bit distracting. I would take this back into post and try and reduc the highlights a little, brighten the shadows, a LITTLE bit, and try to increase the saturation on the grass. To be honest though, the message I get from this is not one of happiness; the way the merry go round is tilted makes me think 'abandoned' and 'disgarded'...

I like it .. it makes me feel a bit sad .. a bit like I am looking at aging and time passing .. sort of like the old Coney Island pix you used to see around .. I like the perspective and color .. I know people will bash you .. but we like it .. to me it has tons of emotion ..

thank you very much.

A lot of the stuff I like has bright colors and contrast.

I have a feeling once i get time to post more I'm gonna catch a lot of grief for the color and contrast.

But that's me :)

To be honest though, the message I get from this is not one of happiness; the way the merry go round is tilted makes me think 'abandoned' and 'disgarded'...

This is exactly how I felt when I saw it. The first thing my eyes snapped to for some reason was the broken swing in the background.

As long as you are getting some emotion from it that's good to hear!

But yeah.. it's not a very well kept park.. :(

But there are a lot of memories there. so in that sense it is sad to look back and think once my cousins and I were all together running around as little kids here, and now they are all over the counrty getting married and having kids. I rarely see them anymore.

anyway, thank you guys for taking the time took look at the picture and let me know what you think!

I think another reason its not jumping out at me right away is that the colors are way too bright for the mood. Try desaturating the image or consider turning it B&W altogether.

i like it. Just a tad higher above the horses (?) head would have made it much better.
I get a strong emotion from this one, very melancholy.
Personally, I like the harshness of the shadows vs. the highlights. It makes the emotion more severe. Much like an actual memory would be, I'm sure most children aren't at the park during "perfect" lighting conditions.... hehe

lynzi- thank you.

:)

the more i look at this picture, the more i want to go back. there are so many things i should have shot before i left!

maybe if it stops raining.. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back