C&C Portrait (New here)

jamesbf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new here. I've kind of taken the back door and started in video but after working on so many editing projects I've started becoming very interested in photography. I shoot a lot of street but that is possibly for another post - I'm now interested in portrait (and eventually fashion). Composition, retouching / editing is my main focus that I'm slowly trying to master. I know it can take years.

Anyways, I've attached a photo of a roommate - just a really quick shot I took with my 5Dii and cheap ebay flash on an off camera cable. I know my edit is a little gritty and slightly grimy since I've added some scuff in post. I'm not 100 % sold on the colouring right now but this is mainly just a tester for myself as I continue to learn this art. Any comments good or bad are greatly appreciated. I've uploaded the before and after. (Not full res)

Thanks very much

6434303179_184831ed67_b.jpg
6434303597_725d151ee4_b.jpg

The picture behind the picture is freaking me out a bit. I do like the coloring though. Is he drinking in the ghost image?

The adjusted image does nothing for the good, basic image you started with. THe added girl to the left of the image is just plain creepy.

yeah I should probably take that out. Thanks for the comment. Again - this photo is not for display anywhere - merely for comments on here. Besides the creepy ghost girl, any comments?

Composition??? Rotate camera to tall and utilize the space of the frame, not waste it on empty background or vignetted nothingness. You are not shooting for the cinema screen.

*moving to People Photography Gallery*
Please remember that Beyond the Basics is not a photo critique subsection.

Darrel yes- I must keep that in mind. Thanks for any feedback guys.

there r lots of experimental photography.....there r grt tool in photoshop....comparing the second, however it looks odd in pinks, sepia wud hv been appreciated., but in second u did lip retouching too....first one is nice....Though i am not against odds, the experiments in reasonable thoughtfulness are [email protected]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back