What's new

C&C - Quebec City

cyc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went to Quebec City and took some pics. I was in a park and everything's very bright. Many of the pics had the subject underexposed and I had to use Lightroom to adjust it a bit. My question is, what/where do I meter in these situations?

Also, some C&C is appreciated. :blushing:

Thanks in advance,

4230060658_465fc0cb05.jpg

4230062102_b0fca8e3e4.jpg

4230063556_ca0793451e.jpg

4230064036_f36eb285a6.jpg
 
I like 1 the best. I think shooting into the sun with tons of snow cover causes some super high dynamic range problems, as seen especially in your bottom 3. How to get around it? I'm not sure, but maybe someone will chime in. Also, 3 seems to be very crooked.. try rotating and cropping to give it a not so drunk look. Also, larger images with numbers will make it easier to critique.
 
cpl solutions.

for something like photo 1, a grad nd filter could help

w/out that, i would prob try to expose as light as possible w/out clipping the whites in the clouds, cuz it looks like a nice sky (and you can bring it down in post if you don't clip too much)

prob w that is it might leave the foreground too dark, and when u bring that up in post if it's too dark it will introduce a lot of noise...

can also expose the foreground a little higher, but you risk losing some of the sky... but if you don't think it's that important than why not?

other than that, shoot in raw... captures more info that would be clipped in a jpg and can help you bring in the shadows/highlights... or frame it so you have no sky... etc etc
 
watch your horizon lines also... 3 & 4 are noticably crooked... and i think your lens is curving the whole thing...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom