C&C Rose Photos

CAG76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, just to let you know, I didn't do a think to these photos. All I did was take them and put them on here. Of course I had to make the file sizes small enough, but I did absolutely no photo processing.

Rose4.jpg

Same as above with aperture adjusted
Rose3.jpg

Rose2.jpg

-Christopher

Wow, thoes turned out wonderful, although it looks like in the first picture, the outside of the rose is more in focuse then the middle.

Last edited:
Yeah, thats why on the picture number two I had adjusted the aperture to bring it all in focus. Now I really really need a macro lens. I mean one that can really get in deep.

Yeah, thats why on the picture number two I had adjusted the aperture to bring it all in focus. Now I really really need a macro lens. I mean one that can really get in deep.

Aaa ok, I see now...Yes I want to get a Macro lens also, although I heard that Macro photography is hard. If you dont mind me asking, what was your camera settings on when you took the 2nd picture?

~Nikki~

these are GORGEOUS! the second one is the best of the trio by far though. i myself would probably do one thing on PS and that is to remove the white, tiny specks on the petals, but they're not much of a distraction at all. just a pet peeve of mine :)
great work.

Yes that is one thing I did notice but didn't take out. I will get rid of those little specs before I have any special print and mount services done.

As for camera settings. Shutter was on 6", aperture was f27 and ISO was 100. I use the "M" setting on my Canon now. It's starting to get easier having everything completely manual except on that setting the camera automatically sets the exposure. Is this auto exposure the same on all cameras if you have it on the "M" setting?

-Christopher

M should be complete manual. You set the shutter speed and aperture which controls the exposure. If I understand you are saying yours is adjusting for exposure?

I would like to go as deep as, for instance, if you take the middle picture and take just the rose focused on... I would like to go about 1/3 or maybe 2/3 zoomed into it, if that makes sense. I'd like to be able to capture about three swirls out. I hope that makes sense. :)

Larissa, I haven't sold anything as of yet. I am still a beginner right now. Don't feel I have taken anything worth selling but I am getting to that point. Anything that I have taken that actually looks good I feel has been a bit of luck.

As for your second question, things I would like to do with photos like these is, as a graphic designer, I want to do something creative with them. Maybe take one picture and cut it into for squares and have them mounted to thick black or white board.

Two companies to check out for all photographers. popmount.com and Design by Vision

Yes. On all other settings I can adjust the exposure except the "M" setting. I can adjust everything else but the exposure.

I really like these, Christopher, especially the second one, but all very vibrant. I can almost smell them! Well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back