C & C shots from the garden

Toller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few from the garden for comment. I like to take shots of my flowers as a visual catalogue. However I'd like the photos to be more artistic than simple snaps. Please take the time to give your views and point me in the right direction.
1. Fritillary - uncropped, some basic editing f/9 1/100 113mm ISO 200 Av

IMG_0480-crop-1.jpg

2. Pasque flower. Cropped and minor tweeking f6.3 1/40(OK!!) ISO200
IMG_0475-crop.jpg

3. Ribes. Was humming with bees, so wanted to capture one at least. This was the best...would like to do better.
Photo is heavily cropped f7.1 ISO400 280mm 1/200 AV
IMG_0538-crop.jpg

4. Daff. f7.1 1/500 ISO100 193mm
IMG_0520.jpg

.. hope these aren't too big.. sorry if they are.

they look ok for flower shots... maybe bumping the contrast a little might help... maybe you could sprits them with water, try not to center them so much, crop them of to one side a little

though i do like the fritillary, it's an interesting flower

Suggestion to improve #1 - the main flower that is in focus should be seperated from the out of focus background flower by either lowering the camera or moving it slightly left - this will define the main subject much clearer without taking away from the overall scene.

not a fan of flowers but the bee its self in that photo would be cool if it was more in focus

er111a...tried so many times..but boy are they fast. Any suggestions as to how I can achieve this.
fokker... see what you mean re- seperating from the background good point.. though was as low as I could go. Still more to come out for new angles.;)

Marmots... Is this better..
IMG_0531-crop.jpg

Thanks for your ideas...

Yes, the star magnolia is nice. Give the flower room to look into, as if it were a face.
And don't I know how hard it is to get bees in flight?
My, I tried with the bumble bees. Did not even attempt to get those IN FLIGHT. But those big buzzy insects are so fast, by the time I have found where it sat down next, it's gone already, not a chance to focus! :roll:

OK..so not much chance with the bees then...there again I like a challenge:cyclops:...could be gone a while.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back