C&C Smog City

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am starting to read more into landscape photography and am trying to carve out opportunities to go make landscape photos. I came across this scene on the way home the other night, and I couldn't decide which I liked better. Which one works best & why? Do neither of them work? C&C is greatly appreciated.

A.
6qnmJaW.jpg

B.
umXWJeU.jpg

For me, there's too little. The sky is quite hazy, the sun is a light orange blob, and there is no foreground to draw me in. It seems like you were trying to make a keeper out of a non-keeper scene.

Cheers!
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, there's too little. The sky is quite hazy, the sun is a light orange blob, and there is no foreground to draw me in. It seems like you were trying to make a keeper out of a non-keeper scene.

Cheers!
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will definitely keep that in mind. I saw the silhouettes of the power lines and wanted to create a backlit scene, which would inherently have a dark foreground. I will utilize the foreground in future photos, thanks for the tip!

You title it "Smog City" yet there is nothing in the image to indicate that you are anywhere near a city. I've seen power lines like that run through the country where there is not even a little town.

You title it "Smog City" yet there is nothing in the image to indicate that you are anywhere near a city. I've seen power lines like that run through the country where there is not even a little town.

The title was a complete afterthought.

It's a lovely sunset and like alluded to, the clouds seem more like lazy high clouds which typically make great sunset shots. A tighter crop with both sun and power lines in the composition might be better.

A - better balance

Most reactions

Back