What's new

C&C Time Lapse and Night Shot

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
710
Reaction score
132
Location
Illinois
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first two were taken at my daughters gymnastics practice. I had taken enough 'regular' pictures and thought of trying some long exposure shots. I've not taken these before, so any tips/critiques? The last picture is from my backyard taken at night w/just a flash. It just struck me as 'different'.

IMG_1248.jpg


IMG_1247.jpg


IMG_1338.jpg
 
Last edited:
What does this have to do with time lapse, if you do not mind me asking? :er:
 
I'm new to photography, perhaps I used the wrong term. My apologies. I left the shutter open for about 2 seconds, so I guess I should have said long exposure?

Anyways I was trying to catch the gymnast from the vault to the ground.

Sorry for the confusion.
 
Long exposure would be more correctly, yes! Time Lapse is when you shoot many pictures of something - shooting one picture e.g. every one or two seconds, and then use the pictures taken to make a movie. A time lapse movie of a sunset would make it look like the sunset is something that happens very fast. Still looks very good though, and make for some nice effects in a video ;)

One tip to you for what you tried to do; I do not know what camera you are using, but if it support "2nd curtain sync", "slow sync" or something like that. This will let you use your flash, and have it fire at the end of your exposure opposed to at the beginning! This will give you an awesome effect of still seeing the blurry motion ghosting that comes from the motions of the girl, but at the end the flash fires to freeze her motions. This give you the best of both worlds - the motion blur and a girl you can see at the end of the motions :p
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom