What's new

C&C "Watch"

No, I totally understand it's a C&C, and I can take criticism pretty well. In fact, I appreciate the negs more since I can take a harsh look myself and improve (what I am saying is I am sorry, I did not mean to come off the way I did).

I took these in RAW, which is why I tried a couple different WBs. Also, I did not want more depth of field since I did not want the background in focus (I used glass spice bottles to create the background effect and shot the light from the flashlight into them).

Thanks for the link! I have heard the word 'stobes' used, but wasn't sure if it was a general lighting term or a specific type of lighting. I will definitely check it out.
Do you have a tripod? You can shoot two or three different shots with different settings then merge them in Photoshop. This would allow you to have one shot where the watch is in clear focus then another shot where the background is blurred. You overlay them (very simplistic description but it's almost that easy) and get a hybrid that's "perfect".

Do you have Photoshop?
 
Which lens did you use to shoot this? Am I the only one who notices green fringing in the top-left of the 2nd pic? Should be fixable in Photoshop though.
 
Do you have a tripod? You can shoot two or three different shots with different settings then merge them in Photoshop. This would allow you to have one shot where the watch is in clear focus then another shot where the background is blurred. You overlay them (very simplistic description but it's almost that easy) and get a hybrid that's "perfect".

Do you have Photoshop?
Yes, in fact, I used it here.

And that's a pretty great idea that I did not even think about. I already know how to use layers to get that effect, and it is a really easy solution. I might reshoot with that in mind and do just that.

Thanks again!
 
Which lens did you use to shoot this? Am I the only one who notices green fringing in the top-left of the 2nd pic? Should be fixable in Photoshop though.
I used the Canon 50mm f/1.8.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom