C&C Xmas Tree/Xmas Lights

kirbym2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

Tried to take everyone's advice on the Christmas tree photo - would love to hear your feedback.. Also took some photos at a garden in Vancouver. Not sure if I'm getting blur from the longer shutter speed, or if it's because the lights themselves move (they're not constant). Any tips suggestions/feedback would be appreciated

DSC_8420 by McFlickr81, on Flickr

DSC_8389 by McFlickr81, on Flickr

DSC_8346 by McFlickr81, on Flickr

Thanks!

I think the first one is awesome. It looks like an HDR image. The next two are pretty as well in my opinion, however the second seems a bit busy. The scene was probably incredible in reality, but when translated into something that is 2D, it just seems jumbled.

The third one is also pretty good, but it looks a little crooked, and I don't think that the aperture was wide enough, because some of the lights are out of focus. Sometimes the aperture can't be opened any wider without getting blue, though.

#1 is the strongest. Some detail is lost in the shadows of the curtains and the gifts, HDR may have eliminated this .
#2 is busy with no clear subject
#3 has a clear subject, but the composition is lacking and the focus is missed. I think a low to the pavement perspective would have been more interesting. It seems a little soft but I would need to see it bigger to make that determination.

Thanks for the feedback. With number 3, I've done a quick edit to try to straighten and crop in for a more pleasing composition. Does this improve the image?

DSC_8346 copy2 by McFlickr81, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back