What's new

C&C's Looking to improve

Matina

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I'm fairly new to Photography and starting to get serious. Since this is my first post on the forum I'd thought I'd start by posting a few photo's and we'll see where we go from here.

8181266978_e8e233f5c1_c.jpg


8181267940_a443a3184b_c.jpg


8181194775_ce84091e22_c.jpg


8173775210_392783cb48_c.jpg


8173806736_0e878df77a_c.jpg


8173813836_3815242abd_c.jpg
 
Not bad at all; this is the game with the flat, black ball, right?

;)

In all seriousness, you've done well on what usually presents the most difficulty in poorly lit venues such as arenas; the exposure. What I would like to see in the shots though is more puck. #4 (in future, please number the images in your post to make C&C easier) is the only one where the puck is clearly visible. It's there in #3, but hard to see, and completely missing from the last one, which makes me think when I look at it, "Why are they standing there?"

You're off to a good start, but concentrate on your timing and learn to anticipate, and keep both eyes open!
 
Welcome.

Some sports are very hard to show any "life" in, such as football, (the PROPER English type) etc.

You need to be shooting at a decent frame rate, ice thrown up, slower shutter speed and PAN for movement
 
In all seriousness, you've done well on what usually presents the most difficulty in poorly lit venues such as arenas; the exposure. What I would like to see in the shots though is more puck. #4 (in future, please number the images in your post to make C&C easier) is the only one where the puck is clearly visible. It's there in #3, but hard to see, and completely missing from the last one, which makes me think when I look at it, "Why are they standing there?"

You're off to a good start, but concentrate on your timing and learn to anticipate, and keep both eyes open!

Thanks,....I'm glad you mentioned the puck. I wasn't really thinking about it while shooting, but looking back at some additional shots it does add some more meaning to the shot. Will definately work on keeping it in the frame for the next game......darn thing moves so fast.

I cheated a bit with the exposure shooting RAW....... using a Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 on a Canon 550D, 1/250 f4-5.6, @ ISO 1600. Recently made my first upgrade (I don't think my wife noticed yet) to a Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II which I'll be using going forward.
 
Welcome.

Some sports are very hard to show any "life" in, such as football, (the PROPER English type) etc.

You need to be shooting at a decent frame rate, ice thrown up, slower shutter speed and PAN for movement

Thanks for the feedback, I guess the secret is getting that one shot at the right moment that captures the sport...and hoping when I do, It's in focus. On a side note, is it me, or does everything seem to be in focus on a 3" screen?
 
Magenta cast in all of them

Hi Traveler, I couldn't fix that....how did you correct? I tried playing with the WB in Camera Raw, but was not able to get it right. A recent set using the new lens seem to have a blue cast....I was thinking I was over-correcting with the WB again, or maybe it has nothing to do with the WB??.....so much to learn.
 
These images are in the Adobe colorspace.
That generally looks terrible and flat on the web because web browsers interpret images in sRGB colorspace.
Images saved as jpegs need to be converted to sRGB before posting.

Also, images can/should be cropped to get rid of space you don't need.
 

Attachments

  • $8173806736_0e878df77a_c22222.webp
    $8173806736_0e878df77a_c22222.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 143
Is there a way to tell if images were saved or not saved as sRGB?
 
I guess that when the exif information is stripped, the browser automatically displays as sRGB but there is some embedded color profile inf that PS or other color aware software reads to display the image.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom