FoggyLens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trishmeeks.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!

This is my 1st post. : ) Would love all your C&C's! Thanks.

9960240_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Thats nice, i like that very much. :thumbup:

It's ok but, just looks like another standard portrait of a child.

It bothers me that the child is not looking at the camera (gazing off in the distance).

I don't like the frame or the vignette, I don't like how close she's cropped so close to the left and I don't really like the aging color, I'd much prefer a straight B&W. It looks a little flat to me. These are just my preferences, of course.

Great composition. I think it's beautiful.

Not every portrait needs to have the subject looking at the camera. That's what we call a candid photo. I guess it's just personal opinion but I prefer candid photography; it looks more natural to me.

Nice job, keep shooting! =)

Well now...I'm new to this forum as well and this is also my first post and I can already see misstwinklytoes has an attitude. "These are just my preferences, of course"…. Well I visited misstwinklytoes photos and see that her statement about not liking how close your little girl is cropped to the left doesn’t ring true! I believe she needs to re-visit her own photos. I'd also suggest misstwinklytoes learn how to critique and if you can only be negative you shouldn't critique at all.

Trish... this is a very candid and artistic shot, I am an artist and I work off photos quit a bit. I personally hate shots where people have been told to "LOOK AT THE BIRDY" I prefer candid more natural shots like this and the composition on this photo is quit nice. I love the treatment of the photo as well.

Let me ask this question... How did the mother feel about the photo? Pleasing your client is the main thing; if they are happy then you have done your job well.

Well now...I'm new to this forum as well and this is also my first post and I can already see misstwinklytoes has an attitude. "These are just my preferences, of course"…. Well I visited misstwinklytoes photos and see that her statement about not liking how close your little girl is cropped to the left doesn’t ring true! I believe she needs to re-visit her own photos. I'd also suggest misstwinklytoes learn how to critique and if you can only be negative you shouldn't critique at all.

Trish... this is a very candid and artistic shot, I am an artist and I work off photos quit a bit. I personally hate shots where people have been told to "LOOK AT THE BIRDY" I prefer candid more natural shots like this and the composition on this photo is quit nice. I love the treatment of the photo as well.

Let me ask this question... How did the mother feel about the photo? Pleasing your client is the main thing; if they are happy then you have done your job well.

I suggest you slow your roll, ace. I don't normally stick up for other members, but MissTwinkly has done nothing wrong.

Why are you attacking another member that's been here exponentially longer than you, and has given and received a ton of C&C? On top of that, I think she's grown quite a bit as a photographer; as I remember seeing some of her first posts. You on the other hand, have submitted no work for C&C and don't have any merit as a photographer from what I can tell. She even has a disclaimer in her signature that you evidently didn't read.

I suggest YOU learn what a critique is, and drop YOUR attitude, or you'll be making it on a lot of people's ignore list very quickly.

Wow, I have an attitude. I think you misread what I was saying. The OP asked what I didn't like and I told her.

Thanks for the credit Tyler, but regardless of Doodles post I do often revisit my work and I actually know there's a lot of it I don't like, too. :lmao:

Doodles, I didn't mean anything I said with attitude, that is actually why I said it was my opinion. The OP asked what I didn't like and most of it was not the actual technical photo, but more of the PP that I didn't like.

Ah well. OP I hope you didn't take as much offense as I was simply offering my opinion.

Great composition. I think it's beautiful.

Not every portrait needs to have the subject looking at the camera. That's what we call a candid photo. I guess it's just personal opinion but I prefer candid photography; it looks more natural to me.

Nice job, keep shooting! =)

Thank you BekahAura. I do love the candid shot better then a posed shot. I appreciate your comments.

Ummmm Doodles..... . I really appreciate your postive feed back on my post but.... . lol I did ask Twinklytoes what it was exactly she didnt like about the treatment.. So in a since I did ask for it.. lol.. I hope this thread has not detoured you from retuning to the site..

Ok.. So as far as the treatment. I was looking for a vintage feel. I personaly love how an old photo feels. This is what I was trying to achieve and to answer your Question Doodles yes my client fell in love with this shot.

Thank you everyone anymore C&C's would be loved..

Well I visited misstwinklytoes photos and see that her statement about not liking how close your little girl is cropped to the left doesn’t ring true! I believe she needs to re-visit her own photos. I'd also suggest misstwinklytoes learn how to critique and if you can only be negative you shouldn't critique at all.

Wow, lol. I just realized that they might be talking about my gallery (not my previous . And while I don't see how he can tell what I like based on so few of my photos, I totally agree with them! Those are photos I uploaded when I first joined the forum (got my camera) !!

Most reactions

Back